cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JAVA Heap Space Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

we are running PI7.31 SP5 and when we try and import a specific external definition XSD into message mapping, the system hangs and provides a Java Heap Space error.  not bad for an XSD that clocks in at 93kb!

the heap space size has been set to 16gb and i am trying to process this file on a spare application server, yet the system still hangs after maxing out the space.  we have a ticket open with Service Marketplace and we increased -XX:-UseGCOverheadLimit at their suggestion.  it seems that SAP PI is struggling to render the screen...

if i remove one particular segment from the XSD it works, however i need to map a field from that segment.  it is a hugely complex nested structure so would prefer not to use java mapping or xslt as the processing overhead of doing so would not be acceptable.

has anyone else come across this before?

can anyone suggest anything to try - whether it be parameters on NWA or another solution?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Barry,

Can you refer to the comment of Mark in the below thread:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3145365

Your XSD might have a recursive structure that is why it hangs when you load your message mapping. Here is a document about the supported schema and wsdl for PI 7.1:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/00a9a425-1769-2a10-9196-bd8eeed72...

go to row 139: Recursive data structure must be expanded in design-time manually to the desired depth.

It is not possible to do dynamic mapping for recursive data structures using graphical mapping, better handle it using Java or XSLT. If the xsd contains such, refrain from using the find function

Hope this helps,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

As that document states, recursive mapping IS supported for Message Mapping Editor.

and i would expand the structure to the desired depth if the thing would actually load!

But thank you all the same!

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you cross check the jnlp file to know what is the maximum heap size??

Changing the heap memory for the ESR/ID clients

<j2se version="1.6+" initial-heap-size="32m" max-heap-size="512m"/>

<property name="jnlp.com.sap.aii.ib.client.jnlp.j2se.initialheapsize" value="32m"/>

<property name="jnlp.com.sap.aii.ib.client.jnlp.j2se.maxheapsize" value="512m"/>

Also if you have any saved test instances in the mapping( payloads saved) please remove.

Regards,

Hareesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes we have tried increasing that heap size in the jnlp.

SAP suggest that the ESR is struggling to render the screen which is why it consuming the RAM.  even at 16gb it still does not complete the function.  it is very frustrating.