cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP DMS Is slow for some users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All;

We have a DMS System, and more that one user complains that the system is too slow, and sometimes they wait more than 30 minutes to upload, or download a document.

How can I start my investigation in knowing the reason why the DMS is slow at some clients?

Best Regards

~Amal Aloun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Amal,

another approach to analyse the performance would be to use the performance trace functions in transaction SE30. Here you can start performance traces for special transactions or also for users to get a list of the different parts involved in a specific process and also a sorting function to get the parts which uses most of the net time.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Christop;

I run a performance report as you suggested to transaction code CV04n and I got the following result:

It seems to be not so good right.

Best Regards

~Amal

former_member206552
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amal,

Do you have solution manager so you can do end-to-end root cause analysis for those users

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_smehp1/helpdata/en/a5/6e3b810bd74f37b9468bc27f55f696/content.htm

Trace Analysis: The most common use case of the trace analysis tools is to identify user requests with long execution times within a complex system landscape. The analysis application includes features to analyze across the complete solution landscape, so that a component causing a problem can be isolated and the root cause can be identified. The response times of each component involved in request execution and the request path through the involved components are therefore provided for a detailed analysis.

Best Regards

Marius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Marius;

Unfortunatly I do not have a SOLMAN at this moment.

Best Regards

~Amal

former_member206552
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amal,

have you seen this doc ?

http://scn.sap.com/community/abap/testing-and-troubleshooting/blog/2007/11/13/the-abap-runtime-trace...

Gives more information on how to use SE30 which might be usefull to you.

Best Regards

Marius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amal,

Just check whether they are using wireless or cable connection 😃 or whether they are using the content server at the same time. You can check the content server log by time and date.

Regards

Ömür

0 Kudos

Hi Amal,

if you are using SAP Content Server you can check content server performance whith report RSHTTP80 by running on the various clients where the bad performance happens. It is also recommended that you check the network performance in general between clients and the http content repository by pinging the content respository (ping -t -l 65500 <your_contenserver_ip). Also a traceroute from clients to the content server will show you wether there are network performance issues. At last you should check the server performance where your content server runs, Hopefully you have a dedicated server for your content server, because other services on the same machin will probably slow down the system performance.

Best regards
Harald 

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amal,

Which Content Repository are you using ?

SAP Content Server or Open Text or Other?

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Deepak;

The DMS Content ServerI am using is SAP HTTP content server version 0046.

Best Regards

~Amal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amal,

to find out the reason for bad performance when using SAP Content Server I would recommend to verify your network configuration.

Make sure that every client is able to connect to SAP Content Server directly.

If direct connection fails, the fallback connection Client <=> SAP Netweaver Server <=> SAP Content Server will be used.

This could result in bad network times.

To further analyze this issue I would recommend to activate Content Server Trace (parameter FullTrace=1; tracefile cs_trace will be created)

After activating CS-Trace, please open a document using a client with bad performance.

The connection of the client should be logged in trace file. If there is not logged the ip of the client but the ip of your SAP server, you are using the fallback connection.

Best regards

Sascha