Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

customize EDI Conversion rules in SAP PI 7.31

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are working on SAP PI 7.3 EHP 1.

I am developing an “IDOC”to “EDI 810 version 4010VICS” Interface  using B2B AddOn-EDI Maintenance Tool.

As there is no EDI (E2X or X2E) conversion rules defined in SAP PI EDI maintenance table for this type of EDI.

In PI7.1, while working on SEEBURGER BIC mappings, we used to create Customize mapping in BIC MD tool.

Could you please guide how to create same customize EDI Conversion rules in SAP PI.

Regards,

Ruchi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ruchi,

Please load the content into the EDI tables (in the Integration Cockpit).

Next, make sure you create your control key scenario associations, using your scenario components.

Seeburger BIC tool = SAP PI B2B addon Integration Cockpit (accessible via http://<host>:<port>/b2bic)

Kind regards,

Dimitri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitri,

In our PI system we have uploaded all the standard EDI tables provided by SAP.

As per my understanding I need to create same type of EDI able for ANSI 810 Version 4010VICS , in order to get this version of EDI in ntegration cockpit. Once this set up is done then only I can generate EDI 10-4010VICS XSD and ANSI-X12 convertor module can perform X2E or E2X tansformation on my EDI content.

If my understanding is correct please guide me from where to get the content for this particular EDI version.

Regards,

Ruchi

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchi,

SAP ships standard content. The best thing to do is make a copy of it (a new control key).

This allows you to modify the message structure for your business scenarios and keeps the standard control keys unharmed for future updates.

Once you have your control key correct, make sure to complete the control key association part too.

The print screen below shows some key screens.

Next step is to generate and XSD and use that in the ESR.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dimtri,

Thanks for your reply.

My understanding now is:

Go to Message Editor.

1. Do the “copyControlKey” of ANSI-810-4010 Version (as 4010 has similar to 4010VICS
    structure).
  2. Now perform all the structural changes in your  control key.
  3. Once done then have to create Control Key Scenario Association .

However I don’t have access to edit the cockpit. Could you please tell us the the list of SAP Roles required to edit the EDI Cockpit.

Thanks & Regards,

Ruchi

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchi,

Are you sure everything has been deployed correctly?

You can check this in the NetWeaver Administrator -> Java applications.

These ones you should have for the B2B Integration Cockpit

converters~EDIFACT~edi-maintenance

converters~EDIFACT~moduleapp

converters~EDIFACT~table-app

converters~EDIFACT~xsdgenapp

converters~EDIFACT~edi2xmlapp

converters~EDIFACT~ xml2ediapp

EDIFACT~EDIFACTparsegui

This one for the EDI Separator adapter: com.sap.aii.adapter.ediseparator.app

Make sure all applications above are started.

Also, add these 2 roles to your user:

• SAP_XI_B2B_CONFIGURATOR_J2EE
  • SAP_XI_B2B_ADMINISTRATOR_J2EE

Kind regards,

Dimitri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitri,

I checked in Java applications and found all the above mentioned files in NWA except "parsegui" for ANSIX12. After assigning the above mentioned roles I am now able to create a control key.

I performed below steps:-

1) Created a new Control key by doing “Copy control key” in Message editor for ANSI-810-004010 Version.

2) Created a Control Key Association for my scenario with below details.

Sender Party: *     Sender service: ABC     Receiver Party: *   Receiver Service: XYZ     Interface Name: *     Namespace : https\\EDIConvertorTest

3) Moving to tables in Cockpit for ANSI, I selected my control key and replaced the version from 004010 to 004010VICS for all the tables.

4) After step-3, I was able to see version 004010VICS for 810 for my control key in XSD generator.

5) But unfortunately when I generated XSD and imported it in ESR , the structure for Interchange header and Functional Group was not correct.

6) Then I tried to convert the ANSI810-VICS file to xml using “ANSI TO XML” convertor in cockpit but it failed saying ( Dangling of Meta characters, “ * “ found at index:0 )

7) After performing above steps, the existing ANSI edi interfaces in our landscape started failing with error as above during conversion. As a quick resolution to this problem I have reverted all the changes done so far for my control key.

I am not sure where I have done wrong and why the already existing/running interfaces started giving error even when these interfaces are using different EDI messages like:856

Please guide me.

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchi,

1. That is correct. Just copy the standard content to a new control key and now, you can edit the message for your specific needs
  2. That is also correct. A control key association is needed to have the correct mapping.
    Make sure every entry is unique!

Do I understand you correctly if you’re saying that you edited tables in the Integration Cockpit? That sounds a bit strange. There is no need to.

After you modified your structure, generate an XSD and import that into the ESR.
Before you generate, you can already set your target namespace. Also, make sure you indicated the correct control key name , type and version.

The Edifact–XML converter is just to test your mapping to get an idea if it works or not.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitri,

I don't want to perform any trasformation in structure for the EDI810 VERSION 004010 as ”004010” and “004010VICS” both has almost similar structures.

My concern  is how to change the version 004010 to 004010vics?

For this I performed below steps:-

Step 1:

Copied “SAP” control key to a new control key as Test.

Step 2:

Step 3:  Now the concern is how to change the version of edi810 for control Key ‘Test” from 004010 to 004010VICS ?

For  this I thought that I have create new version in below shown tables.

After step 2:

TABLE “B2B_X12_CTRL_IF “looks like:

Edit table: B2B_X12_DEF_COMP

I filtered this table for my control key as indicated in above table”X12_CTRL_KEY”.

And I replaced version “004010” to “004010VICS” for all the three rows.

I applied same process to the entire above shown table.

After doing these steps I am able to get the 004010VICS in XSD generator for my control key else not. And somehow after doing these changes our existing scenarios are getting failed in X12Converter Module.

I hope you got my issue.

Please guide

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ruchi,

Thank you for reaching out again...

Unfortunately, I cannot see the pictures you pasted in your answer.

What I suggest to do it the following: please send me an e-mail with all the details.

Next, let us identify the problem and find a solution for it.

Afterwards, you (or me) can publish this on this thread to share with the community.

Please delete your answer with the invisible pictures.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitri,

As suggested by you, I have mailed you all the details on your mail id mentioned in your SDN profile.

If possible please confirm that you have received mail from me.

Thanks & Regards,

Ruchi

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ruchi,

I saw your e-mail and will answer as soon as possible.

Afterwards, the solution will be published in this thread.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is the problem resolved? Could you provide the solution as I am having the same requirement.

If I don't maintain the Control Key Scenario Assocation I am getting the error as

Cannot deliver message: com.sap.aii.af.lib.mp.module.ModuleException: Error occured at X12 document character 194: Cannot find conversion rules for 850/004010VICS. Will deliver negative 997 if requested

If I maintain the unique entry in Control Key Scenario Association then all my interface is failing with error

( Dangling of Meta characters, “ * “ found at index:0 )

Appreciate your help on this.

Thanks,

Dhill

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos