cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event based in sender JDBC adapter level...???

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working on a scenario where need to get the data from Oracle Tables to SAP.

In this Oracle DB we have a staging table.  All the required base table data will be transfered to Staging table.

Once that process completes, we need to get an event from Oracle, based on that we need to activate our Channel so that data will be captured from Oracle tables to SAP.

Please help how an event can be passed from Oracle to SAP PI....????

and more over how can we handle large volumes of Data from Oracle table to SAP through SAP PI????????

Thanks for your quick help.....

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

manigram
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

Whatever Raja suggestion is good in addition to that you schedule the channel on particulat time interval.

Suppose to update the data into stagging table if it takes 3 hrs EX: 6am to 9 am. you can schedule the channel on 9am. by using automatic controll of channel.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1)I hope you have flag field in staging table and make sure that whenever data transfers to staging table update status flag to new,then schedule JDBC channel(poll interval= 60 seconds) and write a select query to pull date when status flag = new and update status flag value to processed using update statement.

JDBC adapters pulls data whenever data available in staging table and flag = new.

2)To handle huge load using JDBC sender adapter write a select query and to pull top records(eg:1000) in poll cycle.

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just want to add that you should make sure the data in the staging table is not updated real time and there should be a time gap between the data being updated in staging table and PI polling the database staging table.

Otherwise you might end up having discrepancies. For ex, the select returned x records but when PI went to update the status, the table had x+y records which it updates with status read so the records y were never interfaced but marked as read.

Raja  - On your second point, we can make a select for upto 1000 records but how will we update the same 1000 records. I faced this issue sometime back.

Hope it helps!

Ambrish

PS: I normally recommend a stored procedure to handle these kind of situations.

Former Member
0 Kudos

and more over how can we handle large volumes of Data from Oracle table to SAP through SAP PI????????

have u refer below thread :

https://scn.sap.com/thread/2095721