Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe Form that displays ABAP report in Web dynpro is truncating text

Shank1971
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I had a requirement in which I had to display ABAP report in adobe form in Wed Dynpro ABAP application which is finally displayed in MSS portal iview. I finished all this and everything seems to be working fine. Now the users started testing, part of ABAP report gets truncated in ADOBE form. This is really weird because it works with my userid i.e, full report is displayed in adobe form but for any other user it keeps getting truncated exactly at the same point! Coming to the technical details of how I did it...all I doing is using SUBMIT statement to call ABAP program that generates output and display this in adobe form in WD ABAPP application. I first read sppol, convert to pdf, then to xstring etc...Everything works as expected with my userid but any other user it truncates at exactly same point. I tried many things like research on SDN, change some width properties on adobe form etc pretty much spent hours on this but no luck. Can someone please provide any feedback if you happen to know the solution?

Thanks.

--Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could be a pure problem because of authorizations , we earlier had same kind of issues.

Please check that first.

Phani

guillaume-hrc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure you can call this "Adobe Form", I would rather say PDF conversion of an ABAP spool.

Some hints:

Is the original spool OK for those users?

If yes, you shall convert THEIR spool to PDF and check it.

Also, check that they do not lack some authorizations.

Is the truncation due to some 'weird' character?? (control character)

Best regards,

Guillaume

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have all the logic with you , why don't u consider designing anew webdynpro report.

Just a suggestion