cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Large File Issue in PI 7.31

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working with new feature of PI 7.31 Large file handling but this is troubling  an issue. My scenario is File to File and  there is no mapping here File is picking by sender and splitting into according to configuration(2 MB,5 MB, ...) but while placing in to receiver first file generated but come to second it getting stuck in to queue. Come to configuration point, Do we explicitly give FILE CONSTRUCTION MODE AS APPEND or will it automatically works? . When i choose create or add time stamp , only one file is created. what needs to be  selected for file construction mode, Please suggest me on the same

Regards,

Aparna.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you check the below blog?

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2011/12/26/fileftp-adapter--large-file-trans...

Does any special configuration required in File Receiver?

No. File receiver will automatically identify & combine the chunks using dynamic headers.

How to choose the chunk size? Smaller chunk size ensures more reliability?

Yes.  But significantly affects the performance. Smaller chunk size creates more chunks (more XI messages)

Troubleshooting

If chunks are stuck in the EOIO queue, it can be monitored with

http://host:port/MessagingSystem/monitor/sequenceMonitor.jsp

Please check you configuration again.

Regards,

Hareesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  Hareesh,

I have already gone through the link which you have provided. Here my doubt is how file receiver identify and combine the chunks.I can see all splitted messages in sender side but receiver file adapter only one message is successful and for next i am  receiving an below error.

Attempt to process file failed with com.sap.ai.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEX:451 Unexpected reply code : Append/Restart not permitted. try again.

Regards,

Aparna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is your configuration according to SAP Help for file sender, Define Additional Parameters, like quality of service for the sender EOIO and XI 3.0 compatible interface pattern?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you configure the sender according to SAP Help for file sender, Define Additional Parameters, like EOIO and XI 3.0 compatible interface pattern?

No special config needed for receiver according to

Martin