cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duet 1.0 not getting updated data from BAPI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am using Duet Enterprise 1.0. Earlier, the data is getting displayed in one of the fields from BAPI into Duet. But due to some client requirements, the BAPI has been changed so that one of the field is supposed to display some other data.

for example, earlier the field is displaying the text data. Changes have been done to bapi to display costcenter number in that field.

The same data should be displayed in Duet system.

For the BAPI changes get effected, I went to SIMGH--> scl development -->BOP --> RFC --> Generate RFC BOPs.  There I have passed all the required parameters like

RFC name, RFC destination for signature(RFC connection name),Base class prefix (Already existing prefix), and executed and got the success message.

But still the costcenter number is not getting displayed in Duet. But BAPI does.

Please suggest.

Thanks & Regards,

Kris.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kris,

This depends a bit on the changes made to the BAPI (e.g. fields added or removed, data types changes, ....).

After updating the BOP you also should consider the following:

• Re-run the RFC wizard and verify that the mapping instructions are still correct.
  • Alternatively, if manually coding this, then review your mapper coding (e.g. if the BAPI has new fields then they need to be mapped somehow), possibly even your Gateway Data Model might have to be adjusted.
  • You might have to update the SOAP web service interface (e.g. if data types have changed or if new properties have been added). Re-run the BDC Browser with the same parameters as in your initial run. This should update the web service interface.
  • Next you need to export the new BDC Model and replace the existing on in BCS with the new one.

This might be a good time to start using the new development approach. More details here: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-33223

Cheers, Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your information, My problem solved. In BOP_DO, I missed out passing the relevant input data which was the main cause of not getting the data.

Anyhow, in your post you were telling about Gateway data model. I am using Duet enterprise 1.0. Is Gateway data model concept comes in Feature Pack version? please make me clear on this.

Thanks & Regards,

Kris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kris,

I am happy to hear that you were able to solve your problem.

From Duet Enterprise 1.0 FP1 SP3 and SAP NetWeaver Gateway 2.0 SP5, you can now use the new Service Builder to create your OData service. You will enjoy the much simplified development process and all the features and generator build into the Service Builder. Once you have registered your OData Service then you move on to the BDC Browser to generate the SOAP web service and the BDC Model. I highly recommend to use this new development approach for all of your new development. Ideally try to install the latest SPs for Gateway and Duet Enterprise. Please take a look at the new Developer Guide, which outlines this new development approach (http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-33223).

Cheers, Alex