Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CT3 Licence Type Creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

I have searched the forum for an answer to the following query but couldn't find an answer.

The standard SAP system provides two License Types for deemed exports - CT1 (value based) and CT2 (quantity based).

I want to update the License Master with the CT3 license type but am confused whether to select it as Value Based or Quantity Based as it is both Value and Quantity based.

Can someone please help me with this.

Regards

Shiv

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiv,

You are right, In SAP we have only CT1(value based)/CT2(Quantity based). Sytem only considers the value of goods if you select value based, it considers only quantity of goods if select quantity based & if selct no restriction in customizing (spro->logistics general->Tax on goods movement->India->Business Transactions->Exports under excise regulations->Deemed Exports->Maintain License Types.) with a license with no restrictions system will allow to create ARE3 for unlimited quantities. So, Check with the client they want quantity update or value update into the license both updates are not possible. If client rquirement is very much necessary means Check whether there is any enhacement spots or exits to update the license for both quantity and value.

Check and Update.

Regards,

S.Himavanth.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiv,

You are right, In SAP we have only CT1(value based)/CT2(Quantity based). Sytem only considers the value of goods if you select value based, it considers only quantity of goods if select quantity based & if selct no restriction in customizing (spro->logistics general->Tax on goods movement->India->Business Transactions->Exports under excise regulations->Deemed Exports->Maintain License Types.) with a license with no restrictions system will allow to create ARE3 for unlimited quantities. So, Check with the client they want quantity update or value update into the license both updates are not possible. If client rquirement is very much necessary means Check whether there is any enhacement spots or exits to update the license for both quantity and value.

Check and Update.

Regards,

S.Himavanth.

0 Kudos

Thank you Himavanth Sir

I have conferred with the client and have created the License Type CT3 with Value update.

They are alright with the same as I explained that this is SAP standard availability.

I thank you once again for the answer.

Best Regards

Shiv

0 Kudos

Hi Shiv,

Thanks for the update.

Regards,

S.Himavanth.