Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TP error 0247 while transporting the Request in two different machines

dsk1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have clonned an production  system (Not client Copy and its shadow copy) for my internal project. The production system is on 2 system landscape i.e DEV (one client as DEV and other client as QTY) and PRD.

Shadow copy server (SANDBOX)

are hosted with one datacentre where as the live systems DEV & PRD hosted with an another datacentre.

Requirement is move the newly created TR to DEV:

1. I have deleted the old TMS config in the SANDBOX.
  2. Created the new TMS config with 2 virtual system and one physical system in SANDBOX
  3. In order to test the activity i have created a TR in SANDBOX system and released the TR.
  4. I copied the Cofiles and Datafiles from the SANDBOX and pasted in DEV Machine.
  5. login to DEV machine -> STMS -> Import Overview -> double click on the respective SID (DEV) where the request to be imported -> Extras ->

->Other Requests ->Add ................. typed the TR created in SAND BOX and click OK.

At this stage the DEV machine shows an ERROR as below

--------------------------

> Transport control program tp ended with error code 0247

> Errors: addtobuffer has problems with data- and/or cofile

** Note SANDBOX and DEV+PRD are in two different TMS with two different network.

Regards

DSK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dsk1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear All,

The new SANDBOX machine is an standalone which was an copy of one of the LANDSCAPE SID.

So the packages still uses the old transport layer even after i deleted.

Now we have created a new package with the current transport layer and process the steps.

I can see the data files and cofiles in the directory.

ealier all the Request were in tmp directory.

Thank you for all your time.

Cheers

DSK

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi DSk

It is good ,your issue has been resolved.

Please mark this thread as answerd.

Best Regards,

Atul

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI DSK ,

Please check the belwo thread

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1700219

and SAP Note No. 2050

Br

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

DSK,

Changing the owner of datafile/cofile should work for you.

anandkarthik_raja
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi DSK,

Meaning of returncode 247 is:

addtobuffer has problems with data- and/or cofile

So please check the permissions of both data and cofiles and provide the necessary permission,so it is accessible by <sid>adm.Hope you have downloaded the files using binary format.

Regards,

Anand.

Former Member
0 Kudos

DSK,

I understand that you copied the files into the DEV transport directory. Can you check to see if they are present in the DEV transport directory.

Thanks & Regards,

Rufus

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you use <sid>k<number> format in STMS?...

Also you can try to add the transport directly from OS level using comand tp addtobuffer if that doesn't work copy the cofile a datafile again from source checking that permission are correct

Regards, Juan

Ranjith418
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi DSK,

Please check the permissions of the data and co files. how did you copy the files? did you use binary or ascii mode?

Thanks,
Ranjith