cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finite Capacity Planning with Secondary resource in CTM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a PPM, where one operation is to be planned finitely. And the finite capacity is defined in the secondary resource assigned to that operation. In the CTM profile the Capacity Planning is defined as " Use setting from Resource". The secondary resource is marked as "Finite Scheduling". After CTM run, I checked the Resource utilization report ( /SAPAPO/CDPS_REPT ) and found the resource is loaded more than 100% at certain days. Can anybody help me to understand why this is happening? and help me to get the resource planned finitely?

I cannot set the Capacity Planning in the CTM profile to "Plan All Resources Finitely", because I have some resources to be planned infinitely.

Regards,

Binil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Binil,

I dont know if you are generating PPDS/SNP orders using CTM.

For the resources that you want to be planned as finite, try using finiteness level of 0000,0100,0200,0300 & then plan.

Regards,

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

Thanks for your reply, Actually I found the reason behind this overload. This is because the planners will pull in the planned orders and firm it. Some time it will fall outside the resource availability time and when the CTM run, engine will consider only orders planned inside the resource availability date and time. And it will schedule the orders so that the resources are loaded 100%. But actually these resources are overloaded when we consider the planned orders scheduled outside the resource availability time. Ideally this will create impossible schedules in the planning.

Do you know any user-exit which I can use to avoid this situation in CTM? I was searching for user-exits in CTM which I can use to consider the capacity consumption till the next resource availability time too while running the CTM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Binil,

I could not understand the behavior. Do you mean to say that your resource is available say from 00:00:00 to 20:00:00 & the planner is manually firming the order from 20:00:00 to 23:59:59 time leading to impossible schedules.

pls elaborate with an example as to what you are looking as an end result.

Regards,

Vinay