cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J2ee administrator user in PI Functional Unit configuration UI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have installed a SAP Netweaver 7.3 EHP1 PI instance and updated the instance to SP stack 7. Now we are starting the Functional unit configuration. We have selected the SAP Netweaver PI (which includes the Java Foundation) Functional unit. In the first step we need to provide the Adminstrator passwords. In the J2ee administrator password the Administrator user name shows up as J2ee_guest. Is this correct. I would expect it to be the j2ee_admin user. Is there something we need to change or should I activate the j2ee_guest and provide the j2ee_guest password?

Please help me out here as I have been struggling with this config for days.

Thanks

Dee

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have exactly the same problem. Have you find any solution for this? So far I only see as an option to enable j2ee_guest but i dont think that's a good idea...

Regards and thanks for any imput!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arturo,

You need to cancel your current setup, then you need to reset/disale the Functional unit configuration so that the Status column shows disabled.

Then close IE and start a new session. go to Deploy and change in NWA>>Configuration>>Scenarios>>Configuration wizard select Running tasks and cancel any running processes.

Delete the session using the following command if required.

db2 "delete from sap<SID>db.bc_ctc_state where session_id='session id'"

Then you should be able to run the Functional unit configuration again.

This time run the JAVA Foundation individually and this resolves the issue and you will see the j2ee_admin users instead of guest. I am not sure why it shows j2ee_guest but this worked.

Also we were configuring a new PI instance. I am not sure if this will cause any issues for an existing PI instance.

The following blogs helped me resove it.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3295054

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1893953

Hope this works for you.

All the best

Regards

Dee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dee,

Many thanks, the wizard with only java foundaton selected works as expected. I suppose than once it is finished launching PI's functional unit alone will work ok too don't it?.

Again thanks for the quick and accurate response.

Best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arturo,

Sorry for the late response. Yes the PI FU can be configured once the Java foundation is complete.

Regards

Dee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dee,

Everything ok after java foundation. PI FU configuration worked as expected.

Thanks again, pity i can't give you points as this post is originally yours!

Best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Helo Arturo,

No worries, glad it worked for you.

Cheers

Dee

Answers (0)