cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict Changes to BOM Components on a Sales Order

0 Kudos

I am trying to restrict the changes that can happen to a BOM once it has exploded on a Sales Order.  Currently, when an order is created with a BOM, the explosion occurs properly, but the material and quantity fields on the components are both open for editing.  The client wants the BOM to explode and then have the components (children) unable to have any changes made to them.

Thus far, the only posts/notes I can find say that this requires a sales order user exit change, but I am hoping to avoid that, if possible.

As for my BOM setup, I am not using ERLA or LUMF.  Rather, I am pricing at the header (like ERLA) but delivering the line items (like LUMF).  I have custom item categories created to make this happen and the solution is working properly other than the user's ability to make changes to fields I would like locked down.  I am using BOM category '5'.

Please reply if you know how I can lock down the BOM components which explode on a sales order so they cannot have the materials or the quantities changed.

Thanks in advance for any help!

former_member729454
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Eric, did you get a solution? I have the same issue and it seems to me that this result cannot be configured via customizing neither with authorization object.

Thanks

Fra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dejoy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Eric,

Have you checked below Authorization objects for VA02 though i am also not sure.

C_STUE_BER CS BOM Authorizations

C_STUE_NOH CS Authorization to process BOMs without a change number

Regards,

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

I suppose I should clarify what I am looking for specifically.  I am hoping there is a way to do this using configuration settings.  Although using security to handle this may work, if at all possible, I would like to try and avoid that at this point.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eric

I have never seen any configuration setting to control this. The only solution which I have suggested in past and I had once tested too was using a userexit. You better do some R&D and update here if you find any setting in IMG to control this. If not then go for user exit. There are standard user exits which SAP recommends to use to meet such requirements.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moazzam,

Do you mind to provide me the Userexit that been try out for your own.

Appreciated it and Thank you.

Trevor Wong.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Trevor -

I'm facing a similar situation, and our initial approach was to use USEREXIT_FIELD_MODIFICATION for screen control as there is no standard config that can cater to this.  However during testing, it was discovered that even if we set SCREEN-INPUT to '0' in this userexit, the field will be greyed out in the overview screen (for example qty), but if you drill down into the item detail tab, the qty would still be editable.  We may need to enhance additional exits, but that's the initial feedback so far.

Yiin

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Wong

I think it was  USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_VBAP in program MV45AFZZ. You need to implement implicit enhancement in this programe and write the logic with the help of your ABAPER Use field STLTY for reference..

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moazzam,

That Was Marvelous, Thank for the Sales Order Solution.

Do you have any idea that Control Point for the implementation the control in Delivery Order to avoid Change on BOM Component.

Regards,

Trevor Wong. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

If you don't want to go for user exit,please discuss with your Basis team.

Regards

Sourav