cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Application Monitoring in SAP Solution Manager??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We have many SAP System linked to Solution Manager 7.0 for Monitoring.

--->>> Do we have options in Solution Manager which tracks the  Application/Component  Monitoring of SAP Systems linked with??

--->>> Need to send notifications to particular e-mail Recipients on a frequent manner?

--->>> Which path do we need to configure any settings to achieve the above results?

Kindly help...

Best Regards,

Suresh S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

shriramcse
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Technical Monitoring will monitor the application and send you alert based on the metrics that has been set.

You can able to Monitor the availability/Dump/Memory,etc

Could you tell me more specifically what exactly you have to Monitor.

Regards,

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

My requirement is to monitor the Different SAP Servers Availability and Applications of each SAP Systems associated with SAP Solution Manager...

Need to trigger mail alerts in case of Server unavailability..

Kindly share any documents which guides me to do the configuration part to attain the above mentioned requirement.

Best Regards,

Suresh S

shriramcse
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Below document contains the detailed step for configuring Technical Monitoring,

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/download/attachments/269157890/Setup+System+Monitoring+and+Alerting.pdf...

In the template you have to maintain the mail IDs and threshold values

Regards,

Sriram  M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, Business process monitoring is the wonderful solution for your scenario

Check out SAP Community Network Wiki - Solution Manager - FAQ Business Process Monitoring

Please check

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
alexandrepoitras
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh !

Well, yes there is a nice way to monitor your managed SAP Systems Centrally using Solution Manager.

I suggest you to read documentation about " CCMS Central Monitoring" in Solution Manager 7.1

- In brief, you need to activate this monitoring by activating different dispatching jobs in Solution Manager and in all monitored systems.

- You need to create the special  CSMREG service user.

- Solution Manager will create you a "csmconf" file that you will need to register special agents on monitored systems.

- You need to setup CCMSPING agents on Solution Manager

- You need to register sapccm4x agent for ABAP system and/or sapccmsr for NON-ABAP system to the CEN.

- You need to schedule job for data collection in managed systems.

In SAP you can create distribution lists containing desired recipients that will be used in the monitoring notifications when you will setup the Auto-Reaction Method for monitored values.

The transaction to remember are RZ20 and RZ21.

Hope this give you a push to start all this!

Have a nice day!

@+