cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Services - Logical Ports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Regarding Enterprise services proxies and logical ports, i would like to gather some information to solve the following scenario:

• Initially, we have created one consumer proxy(and one default logical port) to communicate with a web service.
  • When we created the consumer proxy(with ABAP code) to call the web service, we were using the default logical port.
    • The logical port configuration was different in each system to guarantee that the proper destination was getting called.
      • DEV      = <address>.dev.com/Service?wsdl
      • QA        = <address>.qa.com/Service?wsdl
      • PROD  = <address>.com/Service?wsdl

This configuration was working fine until:     

• The Quality system is refreshed with the current Production Data (happens every month in our client) the logical ports were also copied to quality. This was causing quality to be pointing to the production web service( the original logical port in Quality was overwritten).
  • To avoid this error, we created three Logical Ports pointing to each web service, and we changed the code to choose the correct logical port depending on the current system executing it.
  • When the refresh happens, all the logical ports will be copied from Production to Quality and the Quality logical port would be used.

Our current problem is:

• After the latest quality refresh, the logical ports were copied to quality as expected.
  • The configuration of the logical ports seems correct, but when the consumer proxy is calling the web service it simply doesn't work.
  • After deleting and creating the logical ports again(with the exact same configuration), everything worked as expected.

I would like to know if anyone faced this kind of problem before?

Are we following the normal guidelines to use a consumer proxy?

Thanks

André Bezerra

Message was edited by: André Bezerra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was not the person responsible for solving this issue, but as far as i know it had something to do with the tables that were getting refreshed with production configuration in quality system.

Some tables had to be removed from the refresh process. I cant tell you the ones that were causing the problem because i dont know them myself but as far as i know, it had something to do with the database tables holding the logical port configuration and respective http destination.

I hope it helps,

Best of Luck

André Bezerra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Andre for the reply

Now, I am off to getting those table names which hold that information,

unable to find that information in SCN or other forums

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are having similar issue/stituation

Please let me know if you have any solution for the above situation, we are also looking to see if

-  The production webservices can be disabled immeditely after refresh for this comsumer proxy/logical ports

- If ther eis any export of QA system tables could be achieved to get the QA system consumer proxies and then can be imported immediately after refresh wihout the re-creation of the production

Thanks

Bharathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm still looking for a solution to this problem. I have changed the description of the problem to include the latest developments

Thanks

André Bezerra

former_member193518
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I'm not 100% sure but I thought that the proxies are actually generated ABAP.

When you activate the web services logical ports, does it re-generate the generated ABAP?

If this is the case, maybe those generated ABAP programs just need re-activating/generating after the system copy...