cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contracts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

Greetings. I'm new to this community and expertise.

Can anyone shed some light on some materials(functional flow) that details about the following processes in CLM -

Review and Approve Contracts?

Execute contract?

Maintain contract?

Terminate contracts?

Thanks & Regards,

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

The link below will be a good place to start.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-7861

Specifically towards middle of the page there is videos and guides that contain materials related to Contract creation in CLM.

I hope it is helpful.

Regards,

Parankush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parankush,

Great. Thanks for sharing the documents.

But, I'm slightly confused on proceeding with the next step - as after creating a contract record that is after contract preparation status, I am not sure of the further proceedings like ways to review/ execute/publish/terminate etc.

Apologies for the late response as I missed the mail notification.

Thanks & regards,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

The processes around execute/publish/terminate would be something more specific to the customer contract management processes. You might want to review the business processes around contract management and then look into CLM to understand how these processes are supported in the CLM solution.

Regards,

Parankush

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

The document approval flow, termination,maintenance etc. will be done by the workflow engine, though it is the business process that determines the approver matrix.

The approvers and approval logic needs to be specified in the workflow(more of technical activity rather than functional) and the workflow engine takes care of the flow, once the phases of the contract document are advanced manually.

Let me know if this was helpful to you.

Regards,

Lopita