cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Determination of Partner at Item level

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created a partner function "Inspection Agency" (type KU), and a customer account group type "Inspection Agencies".

I have created Customer Master Data under account group "Inspection Agencies" - Agency 1, Agency 2, and Agency 3.

I have added all these 3 (Agency 1, Agency 2, and Agency 3) as partner function "Inspection Agency" to a customer master record, say customer 1. Agency 1 is checked as default.

I have assigned partner function "Inspection Agency" to customer account group "Inspection Agencies"

In IMG, Set-up partner determination for Sales Doc Items, I have added partner function "Inspection Agency" to my assignment procedure, and have marked as Mandatory. I have checked the correction procedure is assigned to the item category that we use.

Unfortunate, when we create a sales order, it does not automatically determine Agency 1 against this partner function. In fact, it does not add this partner function at all at the item level - and yet it allows the sales order to be saved. I can manually add the partner function, and chose between the 3 option, but automatic determination is not happening for this partner function at the item level.

Any clues where am I going wrong?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Harish,

In the account group - function assignment box assign your partner function "Inspection Agency" to account group "Inspection Agencies". You did it for the customer master did you do same for the sales item?

I have assigned partner function "Inspection Agency" to customer account group "Inspection Agencies"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Have you assigned your newly created partner function to sale document header level?

If not, Go to VOPAN-sales document header- select your procedure and  Assign you agency partner function in the partner determination procedure and assign this procedure to your sales document type (OR).

Partner function will not appear automatically in sales order, if it's not assigned at docuument header.

Check this setting and revert back.

Regards,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had assigned it to sales doc - item level as initially mentioned, as some items will need inspection, and some may not, depending on item category. However, just to verify your suggestion, I did assign it at the header level as well, but that did not help - it gave me warning message that for this partner function, automatic determination at header level was unsuccessful, and automatic determination at item level still did not happen. manual entry of required partner at item level is working, but automatic determination does not happen!

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Harish,

I too had the same suggestion as karthikeyan.

First assign the partner function Inspection Agency in the partner procedure which is assigned to the Sales document type; in VOPAN.

If you donot need to have different inspection agencies at different line items, in the same sales order, then you donot need to assign this partner function to the partner procedure which is assigned to the item category.

By doing the above (i.e. not include partner function inspection agency to partner procedure which is assigned to the item category), the same inspection agency at the header of the sales order shall populate in every / all line item too.

Please test.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, but let's say if an Sales Order contains 1 qty of a 15KW motor, 2 qty of 5KW motors, and installation charges. Inspection agency needs to be assigned to the first 2 line items, not the third one. Eventually, they even want to impact pricing based on inspection agency being there, which I am sure will have to be based on custom requirement routine in pricing procedure (to impact only if inspection agency is determined at the item level).

Any clues why automatic determination of partner at item level is not happening - I even tried making that partner function mandatory, but not only is it not determining automatically, it is even allowing me to save the order without manually selecting one!

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Harish,

Please check few basic things -

1. Which partner procedure is assigned to your item category?

2. Is the Inspection agency included in that partner procedure?

3. Which partner procedure is assigned to your sales document type?

4. Is the Inspection agency included in that partner procedure?

5. When you are creating the order, what is the sales document type of that order and the item category?

Are these order type, item category correct w.r.t. partner assignment?

Give the screenshots of your partner procedures (assigned to the item category and to the sales document type)

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Harish S wrote:

Thanks, but let's say if an Sales Order contains 1 qty of a 15KW motor, 2 qty of 5KW motors, and installation charges. Inspection agency needs to be assigned to the first 2 line items, not the third one.

Hi Harish,

Before I attempt to answer your question, could you please clarify above point?

Do you mean to say that, first 2 line items will have one  item category or these 2 line item categories are different to 3rd line item category? Why I am asking this question is, if all the line item categories are same then, you will get the partner function to all line items when you have this partner function at Item level partner procedure. If you say, the item categories are different for the items where the Inspection agency is required then I believe you can achieve this.

Anyway, please clarify your business requirement.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

I believe you are using standard SAP provided partner function. If not copy existing one and create your own one and check.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, I tried. I deleted the old partner function that I had created and then made another by copying the standard partner function - but automatic determination at item level is not happening, same status as earlier, I can manually add it, but not getting selected automatically.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check whether you have included inspection agency in  procedure assigned to the item category?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. Yes I have it included in the procedure for partner determination at the item level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Harish,

Check if you marked partner usage as 'required' for customer account group? and whether new partner type is included in customer partner determination procedure.

Also include partner Inspection agency in every customer master sales area data - partner functions tab.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please do not create partner functions, copy partner functions from standard, it will work.

Thank You

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, I tried. I deleted the old partner function that I had created and then made another by copying the standard partner function - but automatic determination at item level is not happening, same status as earlier, I can manually add it, but not getting selected automatically.

Former Member
0 Kudos

which partner type used for the same, what is the business logic?????

warm regards,

jagadeesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prtner type is KU (customer). Client wants for all the items in the sales order with a particular item category, an inspection agency to be selected automatically

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please, see SAP Note 380507 - SD partner determination: FAQ for the functions, question 2, although I suggest to read the full note and related notes.

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.