Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SFDC Integration Issue

former_member200386
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am working on SFDC integration, for the first time ,where we need to post the from SFDC to ECC.(SOAP to RFC)

I am using soap adapter for SFDC end. I have generated WSDL file and shared to SFDC team. they sucessfully consumed the WSDL file.

I have shared the PI User credentials to call   WSDL , When tried  call the  WSDL through SOAP UI tool scenario working fine, but when salesforce team failing  call the WSDL file.

i have few questions

1) do we need to open a port (firewall prevention) between sales force and PI?

2) do i need to follow the same approach that we follow if sales force at receiver side( creating session id.....)

the sales force team is shared the below error.

Here is the exact error page we are getting in response when we are trying to hit your wsdl:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">

<HTML><HEAD><META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">

<TITLE>ERROR: The requested URL could not be retrieved</TITLE>

<STYLE type="text/css"><!--BODY{background-color:#ffffff;font-family:verdana,sans-serif}PRE{font-family:sans-serif}--></STYLE>

</HEAD><BODY>

<H2>The requested URL could not be retrieved</H2>

<HR noshade size="1px">

<P>

While trying to retrieve the URL:

<A HREF="http://alxn-sapxd1.alxn.net:50000/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?">http://alxn-sapxd1.alxn.net:50000/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?</A>

<P>

The following error was encountered:

<BLOCKQUOTE>

Unable to determine IP address from host name for

<I>alxn-sapxd1.alxn.net</I>

</BLOCKQUOTE>

<P>

The dnsserver returned:

<BLOCKQUOTE>

Name Error: The domain name does not exist.

</BLOCKQUOTE>

<P>

This means that:

<PRE>

The cache was not able to resolve the hostname presented in the URL.

Check if the address is correct.

</PRE>

<P>Your cache administrator is <A HREF="mailto:support@salesforce.com">support@salesforce.com</A>.

<BR clear="all">

<HR noshade size="1px">

<ADDRESS>

Generated Mon, 20 May 2013 13:24:42 GMT by proxy-chi.net.salesforce.com (squid)

</ADDRESS>

</BODY></HTML>

Thanks in Advance,

Pavan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member200386
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

You have to share to share the PI username  and password to the SFDC team along with WSDL. SFDC will consume the WSDL and call target URl(PI system) using those credentials.

Thanks,

Pavan T,

+91 9901742424

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

In my case I am using HTTP request to call webservice and I am getting same error.

May I know how to proceed here.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

I currently having the same problem.

Can you please guide me, on how you solved this?

I am able to test the wsdl in SOAP UI .I passed user name and pwd in SOAP UI.

Should Salesforce use the login credentials? if so how?

Please let me know how you solved this.

Regards,

R

former_member200386
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

You have to share the WSDL file and valid PI credentials to call the PI system.

As you are aware that SFDC is on cloud you have to open your fire wall to SFDC  make the call to PI system. Please take your network team help and let me know if you need any help.

Thanks,

Pavan T,

+91 9901742424

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

Thanks for the reply.

How did you pass the PI username and password?

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

Your network  team has to open necessary ports because SFDC is not going to part of your client network and your PI web service is part of client network.

Your webservices should be accessible outside network hence network compatibility required.

Sender side integration you dont required session ID, provide wsdl,pi credentials....

Thank you,

Raj

former_member200386
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Thanks for the prompt response. I tried to test the scenario using SOAP UI tool  from out side Client network. (public internet)., But i am not able to call the WSDL in the error log i am getting.

"Unknown Host Exception".

I raised the fire wall issue with my network team. I'll update you once the issue resolved. apart from firewall, do i need to do any thing from PI end?

Thanks in advance,

Pavan

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your PI web sirvices are limited within client network hence you received that error, once your PI web services are accessible in internetworld then you could able to test them using SOAP UI .