cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JMS Adapter Error Cannot Trigger Alert.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all:

Does anybody found JMS Adapter Error Cannot Trigger a Alert ,for example  the error of connection ,or driver?

but other adapter work fine with Alert.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Following solution applies only to PI 7.3 and above.

In CBMA alert system, you have to add sender/ receiver agreement to the alert rule that you create in Integration Directory. Also make sure that you are using correct filter there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Define one more rule and check.

Instead of No restrction select AE-->AE type as JMS

Regards,

Mastan

Former Member
0 Kudos

i had try for, it didn't work at all, same issue

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin - Please check if this is applicable to you

• Q16a: Why is no alert triggered for an error message, even if an active alert rule exists that corresponds to the message attributes and which doesn't have the flag "Suppress multiple alerts"? The errors occurred on the Java stack of PI.
    • Q16b: There is a certain number of messages in error on Java side which should have triggered Alerts. But I see less Alerts were actually generated. E.g. 10 messages are on error state but there are only 3 Alerts.
    • A16: With PI 7.11 and later releases, the Adapter Engine supports an "Alert Suppress" logic. It will prevent the creation of Alerts for a certain time span, if the error source is the same (e.g. connection error in the communication channel). This can (even without using the flag "Suppress multiple alerts" - see Q13) reduce the number of Alerts which are generated.
      For example, the system tries to deliver a message every second to an file/FTP receiver channel, but the receiving FTP server is down. All messages will go into an error status, but only some Alerts will be generated. After an Alert was raised, the Alerts for the following messages are suppressed for some time. There are no Alerts for those messages in the Alert Inbox, but the default trace file of the WebAS Java contains the entry:
      com.sap.aii.af.service.alerting.AlertingException: An alert with suppress information: [...details...] was suppressed!
      The time interval for which Alerts with the same error source are suppressed is configured with the parameter 'alerting.suppressInterval' of the service "XPI Service: AF Core" on the Java stack. Setting this parameter to 0 will disable the suppress logic.

Regards,

Hareesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,Hareesh, but it's not applicable for my situation.

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Alerts are not specific to adapters but on how they are configured. If alerts are configured for errors in adapter engine, you should be able to capture them as alerts.

Normally the alert configuration is set up in dev system and tested. This set up is activated in production environment. In case of JMS interfaces, you will validate the driver/connection in Dev environment and once it works, it works.

So these kind of errors are non-existent in production.

Hope it helps!

Ambrish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ambrish:

thanks you for your promp response,  my Alert rule is configured for capturing All error occured in PI include is IS and AAE, 

i had test Other Adapter , it's work fine, but JMS Adapter.

my Alert rule is Configured as below:

Rule active : checked

Suppress Multiple Alert of this tule: unchecked

Connected to message: not relevent

no restriction: checked

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Try like below n see

Rule active : checked

Suppress Multiple Alert of this tule: unchecked

Connected to message: not relevent

Adapter Engine: Adapter Type as JMS

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin.

Thanks for the clarification!

Few questions:

• Is the JMS driver correctly installed on the PI system ?
  • Are you able to connect to the JMS system in question ?
  • Are you getting errors in the comm channel monitoring for the scenario while trying to connect to JMS system? Is yes, then please give the details.

Ambrish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, JMS driver was deployed correctly,  i intentionally key incorrect JMS server address ,in order to test whether JMS Adapter error can generate a alert,  then JMS channel become red but no alert was triggered.

error info of this  channel is:

Error creating JMS connection. The JMS provider gave the error message as MQJMS2005:

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Were you ever able to connect to the JMS system, access the queues and fetch the data from the JMS system.

I understand that you are doing negative testing.

Ambrish

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, you are right, it's work when i specif correct address.

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Interesting!

Can you check the link http://scn.sap.com/thread/1729958

It seems related.

Ambrish

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kevin,

Did you take a look at the SAP note mentioned in the thread above.

Ambrish