cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDoc to File Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

I am posting an IDoc from R/3 system to another Third Party system thru XI.

I want to know the ALE configuration part in R/3 (Ofcouse I know the steps, but I am lagging with the parameters to be mentioned - Pls give me with detailed parameters for each step)

Pls confirm me in the PartnerProfile (WE20), under "Partner Type LS", I have selected my Logical system in R/3 (Sender), now what should I mention in the Outbound Parameters(Suppose I use MATMAS as my message Type) and also confirm me what should I mention in the INBOUND parameters( and also Message control in it)

Pls brief me the use of Message Control in Outbound/Inbound Parameters and what should be mentioned in it.

Thanks in Advance...

Regards/Guru

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In outboubdparamteres speicfy the MATMAS idoc and if you have any others detals like messge control etc you input in outbound message processing.

and also confirm me what should I mention in the INBOUND parameters( and also Message control in it)

Not required . because you sending IDOC out R/3 this is not required

Regards

Sreeram.G.Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi kumar,

for IDOC to FILE ....

Note: ur IDOC is sender ,so u have to enter msgtype in outbound parameters in we20 (partner profile) ,Here no need to enter in Inbound parameters..

plz follow these steps..

In R3 system:

1. SM 59 ---create RFC destination to XI,

2.WE21---create port,

3.WE20---create partner profile.

In XI :

1.create RFC destination to R3 (SM59)

2.port to R3 (IDX1)

3.create metadata for Idoc (IDX2).

Goto WE19 and post the Idoc..

thanx...

krish..

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

kumara guru

check for "<b>SAP R/3(Idocs) to XI - Steps Summarized</b>" in wiki.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki

|
|
 -> Exchange Infrastructure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guru,

As SAP R/3 is your sender system .In the partner profiles select your receiver

Logical System name and add the message type in OUTBOUND parameters

of the Receiver Logical System.

In ALE specifying the Outbound and Inbound Parameters is reverse :

I mean when you are on the Sender Side the Outbound Parameters should be

attached to the Receiver Logical System Name.

If it is on the Inbound Side the Inbound Parameters should be given in the Sender

Logical System

regards

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

I really appreciate for quick response...

Now, I am clear with the Outbound and Inbound Parameters.

Can you just brief me about the Message control..pls

Regards/Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Message control

Application like PO(purchase order) creation use this technique , where the output type is linked to the application(Message control is a configurable cross application component which can be set in IMG .Such programs are created in the form of function modules and linked to the output type which is linked to the apllication.These have predefined interfaces.

In outbound programs(function module) that use message control the key of the

application document is passed to the function module whcig will read the data from the table depending upon the key passed(NAST structure) and fill the IDOC segemnts with the application data.The control record is also passed to the function module but is not fully filled, the rmaining fields are filled and the control is passed back to the calling program which is RSNASTED and is invoked by the

message control to process ALE and EDI output types and this program on recieving the IDOC data will create the physical IDOC in the system.

The parameteers passed to the function module are

<b>

please reward points</b>

Regards

Sreeram.G.Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guru,

Check out these Link :

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/73527b2c-0501-0010-5398-c4a...

It may help you out

with regards

Prasad