cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML Validation (Sender Agreement): How to send email to tech team

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am planning to use XML validation on the adapter engine by checking XML validation in sender agreement. I was wondering how do I send the alert (email) to the tech team if the XML validation fails.

We are on PI 7.11

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos
udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

please study Michal's blog "XI Alerts: Step by Step" and as well Pravesh's blog Configuration for forwarding Alerts as Emails

/Udo

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vicky,

you can go for alerts configuration.

create a user in su01 and for this user assign tech team mail address.

then you can add this user to alert recipient list.

search in scn how to set category for xml validation in alert rule.

Regards,

Muniyappan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can't find any link which tells how to set category for xml validation in alert rule. Can you pls help.

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vicky,

For Adapter engine Validation there is no error code. you can only select the adapter in Adapter type.

but i hope this is going to capture other errors also.

but if you go for integration Engine validation then you have an option.

this particular error screen shots you can check in page Page 11 of below doc

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d06dff94-9913-2b10-6f82-9717d9f83...

are you looking to send alert to tech team for only xml validation error?

Regards,

Muniyappan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. That Helps. But the only problem I see with RWB alerts is that I cannot include the custom fields as the container variables in alert category. Like lets say 'First Name' missing, age missing etc...can I?

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vicky,

i also wanted the same function what you are asking. But i could not find anything.

you can pass the message ID in the alert mail using container object. Taking this message ID you can find out the message and check the error.

if you have 4 mandatory fields in your message say code,First Name,Last Name,Age and your message is missing these four fields. Validation will say only code is missing. then you ask your sender to send code, but again you will get validation error saying First Name is missing. you will not get validation error saying what are the fields which are missing.

what i am saying is even though you get an error like age is missing it is always better to go the system like message monitoring,sxmb_moni and do the mapping test to check what are the fields are missing.

lets hope we will get better answers from our mentors.

Regards,

Muniyappan.