cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

merging 3 different Idocs with out BPM

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an requirement where ECC triggers an Idoc ex AAA at 5AM, then idoc BBB triggers at 6AM and Idoc CCC triggers at 7AM (all 3 idocs sends from same ECC system).

PI need to collect all these idocs in one message (Immediately after CCC idoc triggers) and need to create a file on target.

I don't want to go with BPM.

can you pls explain how to Implement in PI. shall I need to create 3 mappings in PI?

what are the steps done in ECC and PI.

Thanks in Adv..

Robin.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you dont wanna use BPM then use Proxy and build a logic to merge 3 tables informaton using proxy and schedule proxy program accordingly.

Then develop one interface but not sure how complex logic required in your case.

Why you wanna avoid BPM ?

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

PeterJonker
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want to have this logic in PI you won't be able to do this w/o (cc)BPM.

Otherwise you need to do this logic at target

allamudi_loordh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create 3 different scenario's and give target structure same for all. Then at every one hour once the Idoc generates it will append the existing file or create new one.

Regards,

Loordh.

0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies Raja, Bhaskar and Loord..

I dont want to go with BPM, so I feel proxy is the best as Raja said.

cant I merg 3 Idocs as per the below link (How To…Send Multiple IDocs Within One XI Message)

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/30ea2fdf-f047-2a10-d3a2-955a634bd...

Thanks

Robin..

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Robin,

The link in your post above is for bundling of IDocs and not for merging of IDoc data. This is different to your requirement. As other experts have pointed out, if you have to collect the IDocs, merge data and create a single file, you would need a BPM.

Hope it helps!

Ambrish

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Merging 3 different IDoc messages not possible without BPM

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>I don't want to go with BPM.

You have to use bpm for this.  Please check collect pattern in your basis namespace component and follow the same for implementation.  This is the better approach.