cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricting component assignment to unreleased network activity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Many a times it happen that components are assigned to network activity in project structure even when network & /or activity is not released. Transaction code used for component assignment is either CJ20N or CN22.

Is it possible to restrict component assignment to unreleased activities?

I have referred some post on the forum which proposes use of User Status. I do not want to create ‘User Status’ for activity.

Is there any alternative way to control it through system status?

Regards,

Abhijit Khandekar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go ahead with what Mahendra has suggested. In addition to that, could you explain the exact business requirement of having this functionality in place?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Many a times it happen that components are assigned to network activity in project structure even when network & /or activity is not released. Transaction code used for component assignment is either CJ20N or CN22.

Is it possible to restrict component assignment to unreleased activities?

I hope as per the standard behaviour, there will not be any impact in th esystem even though materail compaonents were assigned to unreleased anetwork activity , Since we can control the status in componenet itself also, So untill unless the status was Released from Component from Never to Release or Immediately , system will not generate the PR , only reservation no will generated against to that material.

So I suggest once again please check your requirement .

Regards,

vrkumar,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try using enhancement for network components. This enhancment can be used over here.

Use enhancement CNEX0009 and function exit EXIT_SAPLCOMPK_001.

Regards,

Mahendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Standard behavior and standard system status is to allow components to be attached to a NWA at any time.  You can control when the component reservation or PR is created.

Why is the requirement to wait until REL to add a component? 

You can control some of the business processes with a user status.  User status can also be controlled by a system status.  When it is REL the user status is revoked.

You can also look at creating a Validation.

0 Kudos

Can you tell me how the Validation through standard PS can be done!?