cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Start MDM Server through MDM Console : HTTP Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Experts,

I have problem with starting MDM server through MDM Console.

The error is :

I can start the MDM server through OS console with sapcontrol command and when i mount the MDM server in MDM console, the server was started automatically.

This error appear after i upgrade SAP Portal Netweaver to SP05, before that i can started the MDM Server normally.

i have disabled the firewall, but it the error still happened.

Kindly suggest to resolve this issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Husin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The problem was resolved with OSS help.

The resolution is downgrade the Sap Host Agent version from 702 LP 136 to 702 LP 134 or below.

thanks for your help.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

bglobee
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Husin,

Few questions:

1. Did you observe any error messages in mds log files?

2. Did you use the sidadm credentials for webservice authentication or host admin credentials?

3. Is sapstartsrv running with right permissions and under right user?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Husin,

As suggested in other posts on SCN, you can start/stop MDM server from the host machine.

It generally gives error messages when we try to start or stop MDM server from remote machines.

Reason could be the firewall blocking the ports to which webservice listens.

Those two ports are generally identified as below:

5<MDS Instance Number>13(http) and 5<MDS Instance Number>14 (https)

Instance number used is 00 generally, so ports which should not be blocked by Firewall are 50013 and 50014.

Kindly check if the firewall is not blocking these ports. You can refer SAP Note 1403423 for more details related to this error message. Please let me know if you have any other queries.

Thanks and Regards,

Ankush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankush,

Thanks for the info.

i have checked the firewall both of side (client and server) the firewall was already stopped.

i have turn off firewall on client PC and stop iptables service on the server, but it doesn't solved.

i just realize i can start MDM server SP00 (the other server) through MDM Console. so i assume there is problem in MDM Server not in the client PC.

Regards,

Husin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Husin,

Did you try to start/stop MDS from Host Machine?

Did you get any error at that time? Please let me know. Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankush,

Are you mean start and stop MDS from Host Machine is start from OS level with sapcontrol command?

i can start the MDS with sapcontrol from OS level so there is no error at that time.

but can't started from MDM Console.

Regards,

Husin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Do some initial tests like, are you able to ping your MDS from the machine where console is installed.

If not you have your answer.

If yes, check whether you did some mistake while upgrading, search for any SAP NOTE, still doesnt solve raise it to SAP, via OSS message.

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Did you upgrade the MDM GUI's too.

This error generally occurs when there is communication issue between the server and the machine from which you trying to connect.

try to install the MDM GUI on the server and check if you can invoke the MDM server

regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Husin,

Please review below threads, they talk more about similar issue with resolution & guidance.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3190111

https://scn.sap.com/thread/2092643

Hope this resolves your issue. Please let us know if any queries.

Regards,

Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

Thanks for your info. i have read one of them which have similar problem, but the resolution was not work for my problem.

I have 2 MDM server, both of them have same problem after i upgraded it to SP05 with JSPM, i think something wrong with SP05 or upgrade process. IN SP00 MDM server can be started through MDM Console normally.

Regards,

Husin

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

wow...jspm can upgrade MDM......

through jspm, you probably deployed some mdm java lib, not upgrading mdm server.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jun Wu,

i did't mean upgrade MDM through JSPM, but upgrade Portal trough JSPM.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

your description is really mess...

are you upgrading portal to sp5 or mdm to sp5?

Former Member
0 Kudos

i'm sorry for bad description.

i mean i upgrading portal to SP05. it maybe cause the error, because the my MDM server was installed in one server with portal.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you just upgraded the portal, you still have to use the old mdm gui(which match your mdm server) to connect to the mdm server