cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI system refresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear team,

Apparently One o our customer has taken drastic action for which I need suggestion

Landscape is ECC-----> PI -----> FTP.

While Upgrading Database of Development PI system,(Backup Tape is Missing now) issues were reported and since Backup was missing; "DBA" at the client side Restored DB with Production PI system Backup. ( DB = Oracle; O.S. = Solaris).

Now I see all configuration is lost. Can anybody Suggest me If there is any chance to get this things fixed. I mean to say Can we just change SID's Logical System name and all to get it fixed.

I am not sure if there is anything called "PI system refresh" (as it is interface system) But please help me what can be done.

Appreciate your help.

Regards,

Arthur

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What kind of DB is it?

Can you not do maybe a point in time restore to before the database upgrade was started?

If there was only the 1 backup and the tape is missing and this is a development system aside from configuration which can be reconfigured mostly several things are sever problems.

1. All you program and development changes are missing now - overwrittent

2. All you program and transports versions are missing now - overwritten

If you do not have any restore capability for this system your best bet is to consult with SAP maybe treat it like normal system copy if they can confirm they can restore program versions or so this would probably incur a consultation cost from SAP.

Regards,

J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

we are using PI development system as intermediate system between ECC test and FTP test system.

We have raised to SAP they told that Backup is last thing you can rely on (which we are missing) I also want to know; Since this is Oracle database and solaris operating system; can there be any option in O.S. which can restore everything that was there before the attempt of upgrading DB ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not that I am aware of unless you had some kind of backup to disk or maybe backup of filesystem files in a seperate manner i.e. the /usr/sap* and /oracle/* that could be restored.

If the customer DBA had not overwritten the DB and system you would always have been able to rolled back. Since this is not an option I think you will have to start with a clean configuration and build from there. That being said I am not a solaris expert at all maybe move this thread to SAP on Unix and the experts can advise however I think your situation will remain.

Kind Regards,

Johan