SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AB date on MDT always populated with CONTSTART date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

We are facing the following issue:

- On the upload BAdI we have assigned an AB date to one operand which is different than the CRM CONTSTART.

- This date is correctly populated on the container

- Once the MDT is executed, the AB date to that operand is automatically changed to the CONTSTART.

- The operand is no contract-related.

Does anybody know if there's any configuration point where we can decide whether if that operand should be populated with the contstart date or whith the value coming on the container?

We have reviewed the configuration of the operands and they seem ok.

Thanks & Regards.

Jorge.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jorge,

As i understand from your query for the field AB you have maintained the value as CONSTANT in the MDT, so if you change the value to PARAMETER your problem may be solved.

Hope this helps,

Thanks

Rishika Mittal

0 Kudos

Thanks for your response Rishika, I was referring to the start date of the new version of the contract in CRM. At the moment we have that MDT attibute as parameter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jorge,

Few questions in order to see if something comes up:

i) What is the operand category? (userdef, amount, etc)

ii) In the operand configuration... is it a "Rate-type required" operand?

iii) Did you try to execute the MDT in test mode (transaction EPRODCUST + F8) and introduce the date you want to check the result?

iv) The date you are passing in the container is it > or < than the CONTSTART?

Best regards,

Miguel

0 Kudos

Hi Miguel,

Thanks for your fast reply. Regarding your questions i'll reply on the same order:

i) The operand category is FACTOR

ii) The operand is a rate type required

iii) Yes, we tried to execute that in test mode. The result was that, even the AB date was populated correctly, after the execution what the MDG populated was the EINZDAT of the last version of the contract we hasve on EVERH table (= CONTSTART in CRM). For example:

Values coming on the container for operand XXX:

AB --> 01.03.2013

BIS --> 31.12.9999

Value coming for CONTSTART = EINZDAT = 15.04.2013 (this is the start date of the new contract position)

Start date of the contract --> 01.01.2013

The result of the dates for the operand XXX is:

AB --> 15.04.2013

BIS --> 31.12.9999

iv) This issue is happening independently if it's > or < than the CONTSTART.

Thanks for these good questions.

Regards.

Jorge.

0 Kudos

Hello Jorge,

This is an old post but I am facing the same issue.

Could you please let us know if this is standard behaviour or we missing something.

Regards,

Ritesh