Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End to End Process in PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Still in lot of confusion

My query is : i want to send a message from one system to another system through PI.

Could anyone kindly tell me exactly how that message reacehs to other system through PI. what are the things happening in PI?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi,

You can go to Runtime Workbench and message monitoring.

select Adapter engine

check the Receiver interface Audit logs. you will get info like whether message is delivered or not.

if the status is DLVD you can say message is delivered to receiver successfully.

Rest of the things are well explained by bhargava.

Regards,

Muniyappan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi,

I want to add few points to the above.

If you are using classic configuration in ID then above mentioned pipe line steps gets executed in Integration engine.

If you are using Integrated configuration(IC) then above pipe line steps execute in Adapter engine.

Till 7.11 EHP1 dual stack is mandate for PI ,later it is optional.From PO only single stack (PI java stack+BPM+BRM)

Regards

Venkat

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi,

Follow the links which Sankar, posted apart from this. Refer below, for overview of PI and what we actually do in PI.

i tried to give overview of PI.

With PI we can connect SAP to non SAP  or non SAP to SAP  or SAP to SAP systems.

To communicate with non SAP systems, we have to check the feasibility of third party system like, how they will support PI from their end, how frequently they are expecting the data, format etc.Based upon that, we will choose the adapters to establish connection and transfer of data.

In most of the case we will use : File/ JDBC/SOAP/RFC/MAIL/HTTP for third-party communication.

if we want to communicate SAP system we have IDOC/RFC/Proxy's.

adapters in PI:

The message flow will be,

When a source message reaches the Integration server, it performs 6 steps before the message reaches the destination. The steps are:

1) Receiver Determination: This steps determines the system that participates in the exchange of the message.
2) Interface Determination: For each receiver determine which interface will should receieve the message.
3) Message Split: If more than one receivers are found, Xi will instantiate new message for each receiver.
4) Message Mapping: Mapping to transform the source message to destination message format.
5) Technical Routing: Bind a specific destination and protocol to the message.
6) Call outbound Adapter: Send the transformed message to the adapter or a proxy.

we can examine these steps in Run-time Workbench using the Transaction: SXMB_MONI.

PI pipeline steps are-
Sender Agreement->Reciever Determination->Interface Determination->Interface Mapping->Reciever Agreement.

1) Sender adapter will poll the data into PI . This is carried out by Adapter Engine.Once it reached PI, it will in PI Message pipeline in the   integration engine.
2) Reciever Determination is executed - to look into who is the Reciever .
3) Then Interface determination- Sender Interface and Reciever Interface Mapping.
4) Reciever Agreement- with adapter or proxy structure.

Hope it will helpful  ...

Regards

Bhargava Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi vamsi.

once you have to refer sap.help for how message is processing through pi .

what is the use of pI .

http://www.saptechnical.com/Tutorials/XI/Understanding/info.htm

http://scn.sap.com/people/wolf.hengevoss/blog/2008/11/07/how-to-get-an-sap-netweaver-71-system-lands...

and search many blogs available in SCN

for ex scenarios:

http://www.saptechnical.com/Tutorials/XI/XIMainPage.htm