cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Output xml node schema not loading for external WSDL in SAP MII WebService action block's Link editor.

0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am using SAP MII 12.2 .

I am using external WSDL in SAP MII in order to consume that external Web Service in SAP MII transaction using Web Service Action Block . For this I Pasted the WSDL URL in Web Service Config Wizard in WebService action Block's Configuration object.

As we know a webservice has Input and output nodes XML in SAP MII webservice action block Link editor .

But Output node Xml is not reflecting when i try to map the field values of Output node to MII variables.

What can be the possible problems for which Output node xml is not coming ??

Please share your answers to the earliest ..

And if there is any limitation to the complexity of WSDL that MII WebService action block or MII can accept .. Please Let me know.

Attached is the screenshot for refering output node xml that is not coming as per the WSDL structure.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anshul,

Is there a Web Service Response node in addition to the standard Output node?  There should be a <Request>Response node, where <Request> is the name of the Web Service Operation that was selecting when configuring the Server Properties of the action block.  In this example. JobSubmitStation is the WS Operation and JubSubmitStationResponse is the response xml from the web service:

Regards, Steve

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anshul,

In addition to what Steve has said, you would only get the output with Schema if you have configured the webservice through the wizard.

Steps Like, URL-->next(service selection)--> port selection --> operation selection.

if you have done this and click on finish, the the Link editor will have two more nodes for request and response. The response node would have output according to the schema.

Incase, you have clicked finish/cancel before completing the procedure, then you would not see these nodes and only a normal XML Output node can be seen.

Regards,

Tufale Ashai

0 Kudos

Hi Tufale,

Thanks for the reply.

I have successfully completed these steps ( Steps Like, URL-->next(service selection)--> port selection --> operation selection )

And then clicked on Finish also.

I am getting request node and response node too .

But response node is not coming according to the schema it should have like

for example :

I am expecting  xml node to be like this ( a tree structure of schema) :

Response

-> id

-> orderno

-> etc.....

But i am getting only  (empty xml tree)

Response

Note : I think i didnt mention but here important point is that when I am tracing the response xml to a tracer in next sequence of transaction , then am getting the Response XML with values of all the nodes as per schema .

Its just that , the schema of rsponse is not coming in the link editor for the webservice .

Any inputs on this is Welcome !!

Warm Regards,

Anshul Arora

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anshul,

If it's possible, can you share the wsdl URI? I would like look at WSDL's response definition. Also, meanwhile, you could also try checking it with SOAPUI, and see if that is able to parse the response.

Normally responses node should like this

Regards,

Tufale Ashai.

0 Kudos

Hi Tufale,

You are right ideally it should look like this (in your snapshot ) but its coming just this

" <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no" ?> "

Thats it.

I have tried with SOAPUI Pro version , as I said full OutPut Response xml with all values is coming by using SOAPUI tool as well as SAP MII Transaction .

But its just that Output xml node schema doesnt load in link editor in SAP MII transaction.

Regards,

Anshul Arora

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anshul,

I am not sure why it is happening...however, if you are facing difficulties parsing the output, then..

1. After webservice action block, Assign the output to an local XML property.

2. Use the repeater action block to fetch the property you need.

3. Configure the repeater . example: ResponseNode(ns1:Response/node1/element)

4. Use the repeater output for your business logic.

Regards,

Tufale Ashai.

0 Kudos

Hi Tufale,

Yes , Exactly this is what I am doing now.

Actually I have to get the values from Response XML elements  and assign them to Local Variables and Parameters of Transaction so I am mapping them via XPath only as you said and gave an example :ResponseNode(ns1:Response/node1/element) .

But I was wondering what is the reason that in link editor the response node is not displaying all elements .

In case you find anything else , you are welcome here.

Well , Thanks a lot for the replies .

Regards,

Anshul Arora