Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW TO LOCK THE 1LVL WBS IN PR/PO

mandar_mahuli
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have 4 Level of WBS and we have budget and AVAC at 4th level also PR/PO and all the bookings to be done at 4th level only.

we are doing the PR/PO Manually with ME51N/ME21N.

Now when the user serach for WBS ll the WBS from 1st level to 4th level will appear in drill down list, even if it is locked it appears in the drill down list of PR.

any how the system will not allow to post on 1st level WBS.

I want only 4th level WBS to appear in drill down list, is it possible?

Pls share your views.

Regards,

Mandar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mandar,

If the AVAC is oly at level 4, WBS level 1, 2 and 3 shouldn't be Accounting Elements.

If this is correct when a user creates a PR/PO they can search for a WBS using the search help tab "WBS : Account Assigment Element" this tab filter only accounting WBS.

The first time that they use it they have to select this tab but then I think it is saved in memory  and the next time they use it the searchhelp will open for this tab.

Not sure if this can be solved your problem, you can also modify the search help is this not solve your problem,

regards!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Like Clara said, set the Account assignment indicator.  Use a substitution to set the Account Assignment indicator for just the level 4.

mandar_mahuli
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi clara,

Thanks for suggestion. as you said i have made the following change in WBS basic data ( pls see the image)and my problem is solved.  but, just confirm me that by un checking account assignment element at L1,L2,and L3 WBS  there is no problem in future trasactions, so that i can appy the same in my production client.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Mandar,

That depends on your business requirement. Assuming, always the PR is created / other costs are posted only at the lower most level of WBS element (4th level in your case), this is perfectly alright. Confirm this with your business and go ahead.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you billing from the higher level WBS elements?  Depending on your process the Billing Element WBS will been to be account assigned to a Sales Order Item.

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hello Mandar,

If you unflag "Accounting" flag in WBS level 1,2 and 3 they wouldn't be able to receive costs ( PR, PO, GR, Inovices..).

Usually when you have several levels  only low level is the accounting object and the rest of them are for planning, budgeting and for consolidate the costs.

But you can check in your productive environment if these WBS level 1,2,3 are receiving costs ( you can check it in CJI3 trasacction) and if they are correct ( I assume that like the past they are not blocking they received good receipts/issues by error)

Regards!

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per the standard when ever you lock the WBS , system will appear with the locked status, but it will disappear only when it was deleted/deletion flag status was set to that WBS./  or as per the above suggestions you can go  for substitution /work around has to be done.

Try to Lock the WBS with ALL option , Since it will Locks all ( Master data.Planning ,Dates,Budget ,Account Assignment ),So the users cant post any business transaction with respective this WBS.

I hope it might be helpful to your issue as per the standard.

Regards,

vrkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

You don't want to set the LKD status on an operative project, you will prevent any postings and changes.  You can't execute billing or settlement, for example.

former_member203098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In ME21N/ME51N you can search for L4 wbse by selecting

WBS:account assignment Tab or by WBS: text tab.

Hope this may help you.

mandar_mahuli
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

pl find below the actual WBS of my project.

2     13/SHLD-PM    HLDSUG PLANT & MACHINERY

3      13/SHLD-PM-IER01    HLDSUG IER SYSTEM

4       13/SHLD-PM-IER01-001    HLDIER EQPTS &TANKS

4       13/SHLD-PM-IER01-002    HLDIER PUMPS & ACCESSORIES

4       13/SHLD-PM-IER01-003    HLDIER LATARALS

4       13/SHLD-PM-IER01-004    HLDIER INSULATIONS

4       13/SHLD-PM-IER01-005    HLDIER INSTRMNTS &VALVES

4       13/SHLD-PM-IER01-006    HLDIER STRUCTURES

4       13/SHLD-PM-IER01-007    HLDIER CIVIL

now here i have suggested the users to search with *HLDIER*  in PR they are also doing the same, but all the 2nd and 3rd lvl WBS also shown here even i have locked. any how I don worry cos if user selects L3 WBS also system will through error, and also if we change the text of all L4 WBS my problem will be solved , but what i am thinking is if we can do something so that the L 1,2,3 WBS should not appear only, is it possible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandar,

You can try modifying the search help through OPT3 and then custom modifying the search help.

Regards,

Bala