Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Profit center for Material.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

Thanks in advace for your co-operation.

How can i change profit center for a material, stock are  lying in Unrestricted Use, Oquality Inspection, Schedule for delivery and Blocked.

Please guide me and find screen shot for your reference.

Regards,

Manoranjan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manoranjan,

This is the standard behavour of SAP. You are not supposed to change the proft center of any material, if the stock exists. In standard SAP it gives you error message.

If you still wants to change it, discuss with your FI/MM consultant along with FI users and do the changes in OMT4. Here, your MM consultant has to change the message category "W" for the message number 335 of application area MM.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

I tried in standard and encountered the message, but it is only a warning message

even i checked it in OMT4 which displays the message as warning

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sai Krishna,

Thanks in advace for your co-operation.

As per your advice, changed messages category from E to W via OMT4 after that change profit center. But my question Could you please share what is the impact for doing the same ?

Regards,

Manoranjan.

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manoranjan,

When you double click on the error/warning messgae, you will get all the details.

What SAP says is:

• Stock data already exists for a material and was posted with profit center 'A' according to the current assignment in FI. If you change the profit center in the material master (for example, to 'B') and the current stock is consumed, none of the old stock would be used up in FI (with profit center 'A'), and there would be a negative material stock posted on the new account assignment (profit center 'B').
  • If there are price differences for the material on profit center 'A' and these are only offset in FI after the profit center was changed and were therefore offset against profit center 'B', this causes more problems

So, please check with your FI consultant and decide.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

profit center can be changed in Sales: General Plant data view in MM02

regards,

santosh