Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variant is not Displaying in other User IDs

former_member208207
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In GRC 10 ,I created 4 Variants in Test ID, These variants are not displaying any other User Ids and Not even the user is having SAP_ALL,SAP_NEW profile also. 

Please provide me the solution for this.

thanks,

Suresh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh

What sort of variant did you create and for what?

Some variants in SAP are user specific - authorisations won't make a difference

former_member208207
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Collen,

thanks for your reply.

For example I need to Run SOD Background Jobs every month,So i  Created one variant with specific fields as per below

Risk Analysis : User Level

===================

System = XXXX

User Groups= 54 User Groups

Rule Set  = Global

User Type = Dialog

Format = Summary and Business View

Type = Permission Level

additional criteria =Include Mitigated Risks

once Save as Variant ..Every month Used this Variant and if i want to do the analysis for another system, then i select this Variant and i change the System Name only.(this way i am working in GRC 5.3 and  any one can able to use this variant).

So in GRC 10.I created the same in Test ID ,But i am unable to see this Variant with other User.

My doubts.

This variant is not SAP Standard and also not User specific(this is my assumption ,correct me if i am wrong  )

thanks,

Suresh

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh

the variants is stored in tables FPM_SAVED_SEARCH and FPM_SEARCH_DESCR under the user Id. The program loads the ones belonging to the user.

The tables contain user id and Role for storage, however, I cannot see how Role is used

I also checked out the function modules that update these tables and attempted to added one for a role definition. I don't think it will work as the report tries to look for user's variants.

FPM_GET_SEARCH             Load of FPM Searches
FPM_LOAD_SEARCH            Load Saved Search
FPM_SAVE_SEARCH            Save of FPM Searches
FPM_UPDATE_SEARCH          Update of Searches
FPM_DELETE_SEARCH          Delete of FPM Searches

Hopefully someone who works for SAP may be able to add more information or there is no functionality to create "global" default selection variants like you can in SAP GUI ABAP reports.

former_member208207
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen,

Yes you are right, these variants are stored in tables FPM_SAVED_SEARCH and FPM_SEARCH_DESCR under the user Id ,But how should i make them as GLOBAL,Can you please guide me .

thanks

Suresh

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

My point is... it doesn't look like you can

Run ST05 trace on attempting to retrieve variants. You will see the select statement on those tables limit the results to your User Id

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is an issue for us as well. In our current 5.3 environment, we rely on GLOBAL variants. If there is a way to do this in 10.0, we would greatly appreciate the guidance!

Thanks

Jes

former_member208207
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jes,

As of now ,there is no Global Variants in GRC 10 ,all user specific variants. For clear info

---

these variants are stored in tables FPM_SAVED_SEARCH andFPM_SEARCH_DESCR under the user Id ,But how should i make them as GLOBAL,

thanks,

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the clarification Suresh!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh.

The Colleen was correct in the answer.

Some Variants are exclusive for user that created.

Best Regards

Michael Moralez