cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Functional Career advice questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey my name is Alex and I am currently approaching a career in SAP. Through University Alliance at USC, I have recently finished my Enterprise Information Systems Specialization with SAP and preparing for the TERP10 exam to obtain SAP Associate certification.

Other than further training after the exam, what other career advice would anyone recommend? Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Young,

You should choose a module that compliments your degree in college. Career in SAP can be very lucrative provided the correct combination is established (Education - > Training -> Starter Job - >Experience and good skill - > Research and knowledge building).

Thank you,

Nagarajan Viswanthan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Young,

I agree with Nararajan but I would like to add that it is also possible to choose a module that does not directly fit with your education as long as you like it and there is a demand in the industry. I will add some example here e.g. lets say you did a Hotel Management diploma and you want to come to SAP, there is no direct skill transfer to core SAP modules from this diploma. In that case, you can look for certain other factors:

1. What is the industry need?

2. What do you like to work more?

3. Are you more technical person or you are more business oriented person?

4. Do you like communicating with others?

Based on above question answers, you can decide a module. If you want more discussion on it, please write to me and I can reply you.

Praveen

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Nagarajan and Praveen.

If you dont mind me asking,  which modules are you both working with?

As for myself, I have been employed within the WM module.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Young,

With reference to SAP I work on Security and GRC, a bit of CRM, BI, Integration, and I have a good circle of friends who are working in different modules and I keep interacting with them to learn different things related to other modules as my interest spans multiple modules. It is very interesting and fascinating how SAP enables so many different services to business. I have been a fan of ERP ever since I heard the term and I got to understand it. I am into IT and various other areas of security and applications, and management also.

Cheers,

Nagarajan Viswanathan