cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection between Web Dynpro Application and Non SAP system via PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am an ABAP consultant and have not worked on PI yet.

I am trying to connect a Web Dynpro application to a non sap system using PI. I am not sure what all configurations needs to be done on the PI side.

I am sure this question has been asked earlier on the forum. However, due to lack of PI experience I am not able to relate it.

If you could provide some flow or any document which described the flow, it would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Points will be awarded for sure.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am still not clear on this.

As per my understanding I have to invoke ABAP proxy on the ECC system, which will send the resume to the third party system via PI.

How can I connect the API of the third party system to the PI system. What all configuration is required to complete the connection.

Kindly let me know the steps or any documents which provides the steps.

Thanks.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>How can I connect the API of the third party system to the PI system. What all configuration is required to complete the connection.

First talk to third party system and see what transport/communication standards that API supports. Then accordingly choose receiver adapter to interface with that system.  If the api supports web service then you can use receiver soap adapter to interface. If that supports web application then use plain http receiver adapter. These are just examples.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Baskar,

I think the third party supports Web Service. I have the URL of Web Service and the parameters that are to be passed to the web service.

Can I use Abap proxy to connect, if yes then:

As I understand the Abap proxy will connect the ECC system to the PI system, how will PI system connect to the Third party.

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Anurag,

You can connect to the third party using a SOAP adapter. There are multiple documents on SCN which talk about how to develop a proxy to SOAP scenario.

hope it helps!

Ambrish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ambrish,

if I understand it correct, I need to implement Abap proxy to SOAP connection.

Abap proxy will be created on the ECC system and the SOAP adapter will be implemented on the PI system.

Let me know is it how it will work.

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,

Outbound interface (specific to ECC) will be created in PI and exposed as a ABAP proxy (proxy generation through T code sproxy in ECC) and third party WSDL will be imported in PI (automatically generates inbound interface). Message mappings would follow.

You will need PI expertise to implement this interface.

Hope it helps!

Ambrish

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not an PI expert, infact have never worked on PI. I want to give it a shot that is the reason I was asking for some documents which can provide the steps.

Let me give it a try and I will let you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ambrish,

As we need to implement some Bapi's, Can you let me know how many Bapi's need to be implemented in order to connect the PI to the third party system and on which system (on PI or on the third party system).

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,

Each of these will be a separate design and will depend upon business scenario you want to implement.

Ambrish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ambrish,

If you could share you contact, I can share the complete requirement.

This is a bit critical and getting delayed.

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pls check my profile....

Ambrish

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,

I have done an HTR interface (part of candidate registration process) wherein a synchronous ABAP proxy was invoked from a web dynpro to PI, a web services was called (SOAP request/response) from PI and the data was sent synchronously back to ECC.

You can invoke an ABAP proxy to PI with resume as an attachment. I have not done this but it should be possible. You may refer to http://scn.sap.com/thread/897131 and other threads\blogs on SCN which should be helpful. Subsequently on the return leg, you may get the data back synchronously from PI and call HR_INFOTYPE_OPERATION and update HR data in ECC. You are an ABAP expert so you must be familiar with this.

For a synchronous interface, you must follow the basic rules before you start the design. Performance, data volume and frequency are key factors in synchronous interfaces.

Hope it helps!

Ambrish

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

soap adapter will handle attachment. please search scn for this. There are plenty of discussions. You might want to check this...

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2012/12/26/handle-soap-with-attachment-in-sa...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot, Baskar. I will give it a try and will let you know in case of any questions/issues.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sure. Provide us more details about the requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Baskar,

I am trying to set up Resume Parsing for the E Recruitment in HCM.

I will send the resume that will be uploaded by the employee to a third party vendor and the vendor will parse the resume and will send back a XML file with the information, using PI as middleware. I will read the XML file and update the relevant infotypes accordingly.

I researched a bit more on this and I think that using ABAP proxys will be more easier than SOAP adapters.

I need to know what all configuration need to be done on the PI system, for both the ECC and Non SAP system to communicate with each other.

In the link provided, it says that it is assumed that the "Communication between ECC to PI and PI to Proxy is done."

Message was edited by: Anurag Srivastava

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pi uses many possible communication standards/protocols.

You might want to talk to target system  about their supporting standards.

Then decide abt choosing adapters. You can use soap adapter to integrate webdynpro to non sap system via pi

Also you can also use simple http or jms or jdbc to integrate non sap system. Search scn for those adapter scenarios.

Hope that helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Baskar for the reply,

The target system uses SOAP response to process the request and generates an XML.

I will tell more details:

I am sending an attachment to the target system and the target system returns an XML.

I need to update the SAP database according to the XML.

I was also thinking of using SOAP adapters. However, I need to know what configuration need to be done on the PI system or the steps to follow to achieve this.

Thanks.