cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how many documents are generated in Inter company sale

Former Member
0 Kudos

The scenario at hand is.  

Dealing with two company codes( Company A and Company B) and one customer, the customer is assigned to company A.

Customer places an order with company A for two materials ( material A and Material B).

Company A has one of the materials in stock in own plant .  Company A does not have material B in stock and will supply Material B to the customer through Company B.

Company B will not invoice customer directly but will only be responsible for delivery of Material B to the customer. 

Company A will deliver and send invoice to the customer for Material A. 

Company B will send inter-company billing doc to the Company A.

My question is with this scenario.  How many total documents will be generated?

one sales order  Customer and Company A

two  delivery documents.  one from company A and one from Company B

I want to know if there will be two or three invoices. 

1 inter company billing doc from Company B to Company A

Please help me out guys I am new on project and this scenario has come up and I have to solve it asap.

I will appreciate the help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

For Material A and B

One sales order will be created having both the material

2 delivery separate for both the material

Material B

two invoices

1 intercompany invoice from company B to Company A

1 standard invoice to the customer

Matrial A

1 standard invoice to the customer .

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. One sales order from Company A

2. In the sales order Plant will be changed which is of company B

3. Delivery will be done from the Shipping point of Company B

4. Customer invoice from Company A to Customer

5. Intercompany invoice from Company B to Company A

So there will be

1 sales order

1 deliver

1 customer invoice

1 intercompany invoice

Total 4

regards,

santosh

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

My question is with this scenario.  How many total documents will be generated?

One Sales Order  Customer and Company A

Two  Delivery Documents.  one from company A and one from Company B

1 inter company billing doc from Company B to Company A

Customer ( wants two materials A and B ) - > Company A ( Order given by customer to this Company  A and Material A only can deliver to customer ) ->Goods Delivery by Company B ( only Material B ) to Customer .

1. You are creating one Order by Company A with two Materials A and B or Only with A ?

2. Do you want to create Two Deliveries documents based on One sales order ( If Sales order having two materials then where is the proof / details of Material B is delivering by company B to customer,how can you show details of company B as delivering goods ( material B ) to customer in SAP ) ?

3. If sales order having two materials A and B and you have created two deliveries ( in VL01N ,which storage location,plant and shipping point ,you are maintaining Company A or Company B ) ?

4. Relation b/w Company Code to Company is one to Many .Each and every company having its own enterprise structure in SAP .we want to show the each and every materials movements in SAP for calculation .

Note :My suggestion is ,get the stock Material B from Company B in your premises of Company A then issue the goods Material A and B to customer by one Sales Order ,One delivery and one Invoice .

Please let me know if you have any doubts on this and also If did any mistakes with thsi post ,correct me .

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Naren,

you need to create folloing documents-

1) One sales order containing 2 lines with tow deferent delivering plants.

2) Two delivery documents ( because of deferent shipping points/deferent plants)

3) two Invoices (one is normal trade invoice, one IC invoice)

in total you will get 5 documents you need to create ( 1 Sales order, 2 deliveries, 2 invoices)

only one trade invoice F2 invoice will created in you can combin both deliveries in one invoice document.

Thanks,

Manoj

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

rishi,

There are two cases:

Case 1: Three invoices -

If at billing document header level, the delivery note number is mentioned, then there would be two invoices to customers (from two deliveries) and one intercompany invoice.

Case 2: Two invoices -

If at billing document header level, there is no mention of delivery number, then there would be only one invoice to the customer (one invoice from two deliveries) and one intercompany invoice.

Whether delivery number is transferred from delivery to billing document depends upon copy control VTFL, header level, fields Assignment Number and or Reference number.

To check values of fields Assignment and Reference; VF03, billing document, header level, Tab Header.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear T.W very good explanation ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

• Suppose there are two company codes namely 1000 and 2000. A customer may place an order for goods in sales organization belonging to company code 3000.
  • However, the goods may be manufactured by a delivering plant belonging the company code 1000.
  • A sales order is created indicating delivering plant of company code 1000.
  • The sales organization then invoices the customer for the materials purchased. SAP R/3 creates an intercompany billing document at the same time as the customer’s billing document is created. This intercompany invoice is sent from the delivering plant to the selling sales organization.

• While creating sales order, if the end user knows there is no

stock on their plant, they request for their concern company to deliver these ordered goods to the customer directly.

• After delivery they will receive intercompany invoice from the delivering company code, that’s the reason you enter delivering plant while creating sales order.

Note:Cutomer place the order to plant1 and Sales org 1(end user knows o stock) then change the plant from plant 1 to plant 2 to sales org 2and plant 2

These plant deliver the goods directly to customer.

These sale org 2 and Plant 2 raise the invoice to sales org1(intercompany happened(IV).

These sales org 1 raise the final invoice to customer(F2).

I Think it is use for u