cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC 10 AC Owner Name Blank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Apologies if this is a duplicate post, I submitted a post earlier but have not see it posted in the forum yet and I'm hoping someone can be of assistance.

I have users that I want to assign as Access Control Owners; One Role Owner and one Risk Approver. I am adding these users under the "Access Management" tab via the Access Control Owners quick links under GRC Role Assignments. (Please not that we also have Portal integration, so these users exist in both the GRC backend and also in the portal with the appropriate role assignments).

The issue that I'm having is that when I add these users to the Access Control Owners table, the username is not displayed under the 'Owners' column as displayed in the screenshot below:

I have tried everything that I can think of to understand why this would be happening but am at a loss. Is there somewhere else that this user needs to reside in order to be properly added to this table?

Your swift responses would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Delay is due to waiting on Moderators, etc to release the thread to the community (introduced a few weeks back by SCN)

I've added a comment on the your other thread. You need to run the User Repository synch. The description is read from the table GRACUSER. You will have an entry in GRACUSER for the user in question and then multiple entries in GRACUSERCONN for each connected system the user exists in

I notice the sync job updates GRACUSER with the latest user sync run. Also, you connection mappings in "Maintain Data Sources Configuration" may also impact sequence

As a side, I modify the Central Owner display and add User Id - makes it easier if you have users with same name.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you both for the feedback. The fix was to run the object repository sync for users. I'd set this job up to run periodically but for some reason it was failing and did not pull in the new IDs that I was creating.

In previous versions this job sat in the RAR module and wasn't even a thought for me to try to run since it seems so disconnected from the Access Owner table.

Thank you for the feedback and your assistance.

FilipGRC
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Darnell ,

I had faced the same issue couple weeks ago. The solution which was working on my side was to implement the note number: 1833717

The funny thing is - it was working in my case but after instaling the standard service pack it stop working;)

Filip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanksss!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Darnell

This is a known program error. SAP has therefore released a SAP Note 1833717 - Access Control Owner name missing from Owners POWL.

We had the same issue and the implementation of this note solved it.

Let me know if this provides a suitable resolution to you.

Thanks

Will