Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Currency conversion in Calculation Views using CE_CONVERSION

rajesh_rajan
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi All,
I encounter a problem when I try to perform currency conversion within Calculation views using CE_CONVERSION functions.
It throws this error message.
Can anyone help me in fixing this problem?
Regards,
Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rindia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

The error message is clearly stating that there is mismatch between VAR_OUT and your output data types.

Could you please check VAR_OUT in SQLScript attributes are defined in the same order in the right column of the output and of same data type.

Also visit this thread http://scn.sap.com/thread/3359408

If still not working then paste your SQLScript code and output parameters.

Regard

Raj

rajesh_rajan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

The attributes in both the places are maintained same.

Regards,

Rajesh

rindia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Could you please try like this.

convert_tab = CE_CONVERSION (:input_tab,[error_handling = 'keep unconverted',..........., output_unit_column = “GROSSCURRENCY”]);

var_out = CE_PROJECTION (:convert_tab, [“PERBL”, …........., “GROSSCURRENCY”]

This order should match with your defined output parameters.

Regards

Raj

rajesh_rajan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

This is how my script looks like now.Followed as you mentioned in previous thread.

But still no go.

The new error attached below.

Regards,

Rajesh

rindia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Rajesh,

Check the case sensitivity and use the same for GrossRevenue, SalesDeduction, ProductVariance and for other attributes in input_tab, var_out, etc.

Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh

Were you able to resolve the issue,else can you try it step by step. From the last error message it seems that GROSSREVENUE is missing.

For Example with out applying currency conversions, directly assign the var_out with olap view result and try whether evry thing works fine or not, if it does not works check the definition of Analytic view from _SYS_BIC whether all the columns are present.

Please let us know your feedback.

Thanks

Santosh