Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Table Columns in Smartforms

chetan_mishra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement where I have to print a table with dynamic number of Columns in it. The Number of Columns may vary from 4 upto 21.

After reading through all the posts in SCN, I understood that this was not possible with smartforms.

The Work around was to create a text element with Text type as Dynamic Text and pass the data as strings.

I have used sy-uline and sy-vline, as we use in Classical Reports. But the sy-uline appears as '----' with gaps between each hyphen. How do we remove the gaps?

Or if there is an alternate way to get dynamic Columns in Smartforms?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check below link

http://scn.sap.com/thread/803378

Regards

Haritha

chetan_mishra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Haritha,

Thanks for the response. I have the same requirement as stated in the Link.I dont want to Hide just the Value, but the entire column. I want the Columns to be justified.

alessandroieva
Active Participant
0 Kudos

did you try to print? or have you noticed the problem in the preview?

chetan_mishra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro,

The Problem is both, in the preview as well as the Print.

former_member209818
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try using Underscore. I faced the similar issue.. but in SAP scripts. I think it should work same way in smartforms as well..- Harshad

chetan_mishra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Harshad,

I have tried with the Underscore. The Issue with Underscores is that they are very close to the next row. And since this smartform is for External Audit purposes, this was not acceptable.

Another Approach that I tried was to declare a table with single columns, but in this approach the column separator is not accurate. I am really stuck, and dont know how to proceed.