cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storing SAP Data in SUP / Sybase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am pretty new to SAP mobility platform and wanted to know whether can the SAP data be stored in Sybase / SUP platform. I am working on an application which shows sales data on mobile device. User will be having multiple filter parameters on the mobile input screen and this filter values are to be populated from SAP. These input paraemter values do not change often. After filling all the input fields, then user will be submit this input data to SAP BAPI and depending on the input data, SAP BAPI will return the resultant dataset. I just wanted to know if can this data (kind of master data) be feteched at once from SAP and stored on SUP/Sybase platform so that every time this data is not fetched from SAP and infact is accessed internally by SUP/Sybase platform?

Thanking you in advance for your support

Regards

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

yes, you can store data at SUP at once.

i am assuming you are aware how to create MBO(s) using SAP backend.

you may go through below link:

http://scn.sap.com/community/developer-center/mobility-platform/blog/2012/07/30/a-workflow-applicati...

you need to set cache policy of MBOs to scheduled so that once you deploy MBO to SUP server, all data will start downloading in SUP cache database. here you can set interval what time u want data to flow from SAP backend to SUP.

let me know if you need any other help.

you can refer sybase document for more ref. www.infocenter.sybase.com

Regards,

Jitendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jitendra for immediate response. The post you wrote on PO approval is wondeful one. I must thank you for the same. I hope we can write code in SUP to access this data in cache database and then can populate the filters displayed on mobile screen.

Regards

Sandeep