cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDMS Phase Preparation of Tables for Data Transfer ends with errors

MikeDumas
Participant
0 Kudos

I’m struggling with the latest error during a TDMS copy of one of our CRM systems and I’m hoping someone has seen this before.

We’re in the Package Settings phase in Preparation of Tables for Data Transfer.  Executing that stream starts a series of batch jobs on the central system which finishes in just 10 minutes with errors.

The errors are less than descriptive:

I have checked for errors in the syslogs, application logs, short dumps, and trace files.  The sender and receiver systems show no errors or messages other than two successful jobs on the receiver system.

I tried setting the phase status to success, but saw more errors during later phases.  I also tried creating a new project and template with the same errors.  I've alsochecked the landscape definition successfully, fearing that was the cause since no sign of activity on the sender system and little on the receiver.

I’ve read all the notes and forum posts I can find and still here I am.

Our TDMS version is 4.0 with SP4 plus some notes.  Sender and receiver are CRM 6 and Control is on a Solution Manager 7.1 SP07.

I see no performance issues aside from the expected increase in dialog and background sessions.  This was also successful before and after SP04 for both our CRM and ERP EHP5 systems.  All on Windows/SQL.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

P.S. We have an open message with SAP, but it’s a medium and at 8 days old.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member206552
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mike

In dev_wpXX there will be errors please post here or upload the file, this should give you an idea if it might be memory, heap etc.

Regards

Marius

MikeDumas
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marius,

The trace files have very little content from that time.  Here it is:

I even checked trace files on the sender and receiver systems, but found nothing there.

Thanks,

Mike

former_member206552
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Can you please check the trace files for the times the job ran because in the screenshot the jobs ran 05/07/2013 at 11:31:26 and the trace files are from the 17May 13:56:03, or are these the times when you reran the jobs ?

Also check ST22 and SM21 if there are any errors after during

Best Regards

Marius

MikeDumas
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marius,

I had run the process multiple times and what I pasted were from the latest run.  Sorry for the confusion. 

I received a response from SAP which resolved the issue.  While the tdms user had the same roles on our sender, receiver, and control systems I had missed applying note 1634482 in the sender system, so there were missing authorization objects there.  The TDMS process didn't get a hard error, but simply checked for authorizations and then exited.

I am now able to continue the process and have learned that some symptoms have little hint as to what the real issue is.  With TDMS, a manual check of rfc connections and authorizations is a good place to start.

Thanks,

Mike

former_member206552
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mike

Thank you for the update

Best Regards

Marius

Answers (0)