cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI 7.11 Directory API

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have been trying to implement a simple code to create a channel in ID with the help of Willam's blog

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2008/10/20/directory-api-development--part-2...

At the very outset, a constructor of this class is called

BusinessSystemInService service = new BusinessSystemInService();

But for this line, I am getting the error, cannot instantiate this class.

Code for this class is only this.

package com.sap.xi.BASIS;

public interface BusinessSystemInService extends javax.xml.rpc.Service {

public java.lang.String getBusinessSystemInPortAddress();

public com.sap.xi.BASIS.BusinessSystemIn getBusinessSystemInPort() throws javax.xml.rpc.ServiceException;

public com.sap.xi.BASIS.BusinessSystemIn getBusinessSystemInPort(java.net.URL portAddress) throws javax.xml.rpc.ServiceException;

}

There is no constructor defined.

Has anybody faced this and if yes, how it was corrected.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Found the solution.

While creating java clients from wsdl, there is an option between choosing Axis, Axis 2 & SAP Server.

You have to choose SAP server while creating Java classes, and this issue will be fixed. I was following William's blog and he appear to have chosen Axis, but Axis converter does not create the classes required to run the code he had written.

Also, you need to have jdk 5.0 instead of 6.0 to get this working.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You cannot instantiate the interface. You need to see any class that implements this interface in that API and use that for instantiation. I have not tried this API yet.  BTW, are you looking the right document?  You might want to see this thread

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1091479

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the link.

Can you please elaborate on how these 2 are related?