cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDX @Prompt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have created an OLAP universe with IDT.

I am trying to create a named set using @prompt to get the customer's name the user has selected.

I would then like to use the MDX defined key for that particular customer when querying the cube.

I am having trouble with getting the right result, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here is the syntax:

@Prompt('Choose a Customer','A','Customers',Multi,Primary_key)

I know OLAP universes are index aware.

How can i use the mdx key to get the results I need?

The key does show up in the member properties for each customer.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akshdeep,

I assume you are using UDT(MDX approach) then instead of using @prompt function at universe level, you can use BEx variable. If you use BEx variable, UDT automatically maps it to object with @prompt function with primary_key property.

But if still you want to use @prompt function you can mention primary_key as a parameter in @prompt function.

E.g. @Prompt('Message','A','LOV pointer',mono,primary_key)

But when you are defining @prompt function at universe level, you have to include it in MDX and XML tags.

If you are using IDT with JCO layer then in that case it uses SQL approach, there you can make use of index awareness and primary_key property of @prompt function.

Regards,

Aashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are using JCO layer in IDT I assume ..

Yo get the key based search , please assosoate the key in yhe advanced options of the dimension which you are refering to.

Thanks,

Avinash