Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eclipse Plug-in with PI 7.3

former_member191528
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I wanted to know the minimum mandatory requirements for using PI along with eclipse plugin

We have the following configurations right now

NWDS - CE 7.11 SP2

SAP NW PI - PI 7.30 SP7

Can we still use Eclipse plug-in with the current landscape ?

Thanks,

Kiran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check the below blog..

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2012/03/29/eclipse-tool-for-esr-in-nw-pi

i see that

Eclipse ESR tool has been available on a limited base since CE 7.2.  With PI 7.31, this tool has been additionally improved

Regards,

Hareesh

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

With PI 7.3 you have limited capability to create objects  like create data types, message types and service interface. Whereas with PI 7.31 you have features to create almost everything as that of ESR. But you need higher version of NWDS as Hareesh mentioned.

former_member191528
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Hareesh & Baskar for your assistance.

We use File System for transporting the files and do not use CMS. Do we need to configure CMS before using Eclipse plug-in for PI 7.3 ?

So the minimum requirements is CE 7.2  (for NWDS) inorder to use Eclipse plug-in for PI ?

Thanks,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please find my answers below in the bold color..

We use File System for transporting the files and do not use CMS. Do we need to configure CMS before using Eclipse plug-in for PI 7.3 ? Not Required.

So the minimum requirements is CE 7.2  (for NWDS) inorder to use Eclipse plug-in for PI ? Yes..

Thanks,

Kishore

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sunil_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kiran,

It is advisable to have NWDS and PI on same service pack. There had been evidences of experiencing issues while creating BPM scenarios (in NWDS using PI Objects) when Service Pack level of PI and NWDS is not same.

Thanks,

Sunil Singh