cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal navigation with Dynpro views

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to create an iView with Web Dynpro that will have links to other views/pages within my portal. I am trying to use the navigateAbsolute method and when I put the view in the portal the links do nothing. I am positive I am coding the page correctly. Any ideas????

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No I am running IE 6 with sp2 as well. Since the portal and this iView are on seperate systems is it possible that a problem exists between the system communication?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have checked the navigation with the tool under sys admin and it works. When I click the link on my iview, I get an error from IE stating "Object Required." Has anyone seen this happen before?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric

What is the version of the browser you are using. The error that you get is because some javascript is not supported in the version of the browser that you are using. I have tried this scenario and it works fine. I have IE 6.0 with SP2. See if that helps.

ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've looked at all these resources and I'm still getting nowhere. My code is:

WDPortalNavigation.navigateAbsolute("ROLES://<folder>/<role>/<workset>/<page>", WDPortalNavigationMode.SHOW_INPLACE, WDPortalNavigationHistoryMode.ALLOW_DUPLICATIONS, (String)null);

To let you know I don't have system admin rights. I only have content admin rights so if you guys have any advice I can take to the system admins about this that would help too.

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

hai Eric

I think your problem is with the PCD path given as first parameter.You open the role that is created in portal.Select the iview to which you want to navigate from the role.Then click on the properties.The property editor of the iview appears on the right of the screen.Select the Information property from the dropdown.Then copy the pcdlocation property and give it as below

WDPortalNavigation.navigateAbsolute("ROLES://give it here:the pcdlocation property", WDPortalNavigationMode.SHOW_INPLACE,

WDPortalNavigationHistoryMode.NO_DUPLICATIONS, (String)null);

I am saying about the system admin->support->navigation....There is a testing tool here for checking your first parameter which i said earlier.You better try it.

regards

geogi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai Eric

you have to get the PCD from the roles for your iview or page and then replace it with ROLES:// in the donavigation method.

you can check the working by going to system admin->support->some navigation link is there........

if u have further problem give your absolute navigation code...

regards

geogi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

If I Understand your post,your converting your webdunpro application in to an Iview in an Enterprise portal..

There is an example how to do this in this following URL

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/unkown/web dynpro tutorial and sample applications.faq#q-11

<b>How to integrate Web Dynpro applications into the SAP Enterprise Portal?</b>

is that you are looking for

Regards,

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

Just check whether you replaced the pcd: to ROLES:
in the page ID.Check the below link to know whether you have missed out anything.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/21/82a9058fa8de46b1ba7522289345b2/frameset.htm

Hope it solves ur problem.

Regards,

Sowjanya.