cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clearing the entire bin when pick is short

Former Member
0 Kudos

General question:

Has anyone accommodated the following requirement ? When a user goes to a BIN to pick say 5 pieces of product A, physically the bin is empty but SAP says we have 20 the requirement I have here is to clear all 20 to diff. Has anyone accommodated this ??

Thanks ..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not sure how the user can know that the bin has 20 book inventory when he is supposed to pick 5 and 5 are present for his pick

If by any chance he knows, then he should inform the warehouse manager to plan a physical count in that bin.

I have not seen any option to accommodate this scenario directly.

SAP has a Zero Stock check as physical inventory method, which is triggered if the TO reduces the book inventory to zero, which is not the case with you, as the book inventory is 15 after picking.

And SAP knows a Continuous inventory at putaway, but you are actually picking.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member639734
Participant
0 Kudos

You can perform a manual zero stock check if the picker notices an empty bin.

"When you confirm the transfer order for the stock removal, you can request zero stock check on the item confirmation screen. The system displays a window in which you enter the necessary data. When you post the confirmation, the system automatically calculates the difference and posts this difference to the interim storage area. The difference on the interim storage area must be cleared and recorded in IM. The book quantity for the bin is corrected during confirmation."