cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product allocation for custom periods

0 Kudos

Hi everyone!

I am facing some issues trying to solve my client's requirement on product allocation.

The client wants to use custom (freely defined) periods in product allocation. For example, 1st period - 1 month, 2nd period - 3 months, 3d period - 5 days, 4th period - 2 weeks and so on. In this regard, I have 2 questions:

1. Is it possible to define custom periods for info structure which will be used for product allocation?

2. As these periods are absolutely unpredictable during the year (the requirement basically comes from the supplier of goods), is there any way to solve the problem using standard SAP functionality?

Your thoughts and ideas would be much appreciated.

With the best wishes, Dimitry

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitry,

Product allocation procedure is assigned to material. The product Allocation Group is assigned to product allocation procedure. The product allocation group can be based on Month (M), week (W), day (T) or posting periods (P).

So as per your question 1, you can define the custom period and assign it to Product allocation period.

2. I think you have to maintain these periods as an when needed. you might also created custom upload tool or one which is standard.

Hope this help

Regards

Hans

0 Kudos

Hi Hans,

Thank you for reply.

Regarding the question 1, could you please be more specific where (in what transaction) I can define the custom periods. If it (defining custom periods) can be done in info structure settings, do you think it would be a good decision to allow for users to define their own info structures and perform other related settings in Customizing every time they create new product allocation records for new period?

Regards,

Dimitry

Hans Meena wrote:

Hi Dimitry,

Product allocation procedure is assigned to material. The product Allocation Group is assigned to product allocation procedure. The product allocation group can be based on Month (M), week (W), day (T) or posting periods (P).

So as per your question 1, you can define the custom period and assign it to Product allocation period.

2. I think you have to maintain these periods as an when needed. you might also created custom upload tool or one which is standard.

Hope this help

Regards

Hans

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitry,

Sorry for the delayed reply. I looked at the Standard Product Allocation and in the section "Availability Check Against Product Allocation" and in transaction code OV5Z you can see that you can define periods for backward and forward consumption for the product allocation. The Period column allows you to allow PA based on month, week, day or postin periods.

And as far as i know you can maintain one period at a time. You can create different procedure (OV1Z) depending on your requirements but only one can be assigned to a material at a time.

I think users should create info structures based on the busines requirements.

Hope this helps

Hans

Answers (0)