cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Only New Threads by Email Notification

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am a member of ABAP Development.  I saw "Receive email notifications ".  I clicked on it and was deluged.  What I think I would really like is a way to be notified if a new thread is started.

Anyone have any thoughts on how that might be achieved?

Neal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since the SCN developers refereed me to this site:

<<<

Can you please submit this idea to Idea place:

https://ideas.sap.com/ct/s.bix?c=8A060447-ED55-41EB-905E-C077161D66AC#/?ideaView=5515&stageFilter=1&...

>>>

I'm waiting to see how it works out however.

Neal

Former Member
0 Kudos

So,

My idea was created as:

https://ideaplace.brightidea.com/ct/ct_a_view_idea.bix?c=8A060447-ED55-41EB-905E-C077161D66AC&idea_i...

If this idea interests you, please go there and give it an UP.  If you think it is stupid, you can give it a DOWN...  I really won't take offense.  While you are there, you can also see what else seems interesting.

Neal

Astrid_Gambill
Contributor
0 Kudos

Neal

I followed your link, and got an error message about it being an invalid idea ID, (try saying that 10 times )

Thanks

Astrid

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just click the login hyperlink on top in the middle. the Single Sign On does not work there.

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Astrid_Gambill
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Jurgen (and congrats on your Moderator spotlight article).

I could see the idea fine once I logged into Idea Place.

- I voted for your idea.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Astrid,

If you need anything, you'll find my email in my bio.

Neal

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

It's not possible, as Thomas said. There are RSS feeds: see the link in the Actions box. There's a feed for discussions (ie new discussions) and another for discussion messages (replies).

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This would be a nice feature, but I'm not aware that this is currently possible.

I once had a workaround (in Gmail) by assigning tags based on the subject lines. If it does not start with "Re:", you are (quite likely) looking at a new discussion. Using similar logic in your mail client, you might be able to send mails from SCN starting with "Re:" straight to the trash bin, only keeping the new discussions.

Not very robust, but might work to some extent

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Thomas,

I'll look into it.  I'll also hope that they will consider adding the feature!

Actually, thinking about it, that would kill the ones I'm following, so not so good, but worth thinking about anyway.

Neal

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's another downside, you cannot really distinguish the mails you receive for followed spaces and followed people.

Well, the trash bin is the hard way, you could also store them under a different tag or in a separate folder.

Thomas