cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table UI element in Input Mode : webdynpro ABAP issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I took a node (0-n) with some fields. i get the data into this node through a table.

In the view layout, i created a Table UI element , on clicking context button i choose that node and made standard cell editor as InputField.

But, once i execute the application i see the table in display mode only.

( But,  I can get that table in editable mode if choose cell editor table colum    as textedit  under context button. )

Please suggest..

Thanks in advance

RK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RK

If You want values into table at run time without any action, in the table column in edit mode means you  need to initalize the values in doint method .

or

if it is you are getting values into the table after clicking on any action ,then that time you will get that column in edit mode .

without records in the context node the table will be in non edit mode only .

Regards

Deepika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepika,

I am using wddoint() for initializing . there is no issue with that.

I want the empty rows also should be in editable mode , so that i can enter some values

and save based on action.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RK,

What you are asking for is not possible. The cell appears to be editable nly for the elements of context. If you have 5 elements in your context node then 5 rows appear to be editable.

Those part of table which you are asking to be editable is not possible as they are not part of your context. Remove display empty rows check box option from the table UI element and you ll never see those rows.

Still if you want the bottom rows to be appear editable then append empty rows to the context node.

Best Regards,

Arun Krishnamoorthy

kutjohn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi RK,

For that you append some empty records to your internal table that you are binding.

For example :

Let lt_table be the internal table with data that you are binding using bind_table() method.

Before binding it to the node

clear ls_table. ( structure of line type lt_table).

append ls_table to lt_table.

lo_nd->bind_table ( lt_table).

See if this helps.

former_member205842
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rk,

Is it possible to make those rows as editable u just use modify inplace of appending and do no't delete empty rows .........

former_member197696
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks mate

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RK,

From your screenshot you can see that the row 3 and row 4 of the table cannot be selected as there is no lead selection set

If you want these two rows as editable you need to bind the table with empty rows.

Regards,

SK.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rk

Instead of displaying Empty rows and looking for edit mode.

why dont you create button for adding rows onto table with null values.

or else on Onlead select you can wite the row append code .

Hope this can help you

Regards

Deepika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepika,

Thanks for your suggestion. I know that it is possible by that way.

I thought whether,there is any other way for doing that.

The issue is solved by appending.

kutjohn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear RK,

Use the bind_table() method of node with an internal table with empty  rows. in doinit() method then you will get the table with inputfield as editable.

ravigrover
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear RK,

If there is no entry in the table then it will be in display mode only.

OR

And If data is availabe then you need to check and change element from text view to input/output field.

OR

You can code in WDDOINIT method to create empty rows to display table data.

OR

You can write code in on event of button click..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am getting table as  Editable only for the existing Records.

But i need remaining empty rows should also displayed as Editable (input fields). Is it possible ?

[ Ex : If the data base table is having 3 records, and at the view level webdynpro table the

visible row count is 5,  then the existing 3 records are only displayed as editable the remaining 2 rows are in display mode. ]

My requirement is to add the records there and then itself in the editable mode of table , and modify

in the table once submit button is saved.

Hope you understand  the issue

uppu_narayan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi RK,

One of the reason can be that you have not checked the enable check box of the TABLE UI element. the following link can be helpful for understanding the table UI a bit better.

regards,

narayan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RK,

The default cell editor the table UI element will be text view. You may need to change the type of cell editor you want the table to display with above mentioned steps by krishna reddy.

The input field does not appear if the context node you have binded to the table is initial.

Go through the following link for creating table with input field UI element.

http://webdynproabap.wordpress.com/2012/07/16/table-with-input-field/

Best Regards,

Arun Krishnamoorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RK,

Go to Rootuielementcontainer->select your table->rightclick->create binding->now change standard cell editor from text view to input field.

You will get input enable after executing if data available.

Or at initial you want to create empty rows write code in wddoinit method to display table with empty rows. Or you can add rows on button action.

Cheers,

Kris.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RK,

If binding is done correctly , then a table input field can be in display mode only if there is no entry / rows  in the table.

Populat esome entries & check.

Regards,

Monishankar