Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to SAP GUI 7.30 after Java update 15 on Mac OS X 10.6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have been using 7.20 and after the automatic Java update 15 for Mac OS X 10.6 on April 16th, I have been unable to use SAP. I connect to my office network through VPN and then use SAP GUI to access my company's data. I have confirmed that the SAP syntax strings in expert mode are not wrong and this is 100% due to Java update 15. Since there was SAP GUI 7.30, I tried downloading that to see if it helps resolve the problem but that did not work either. So I tried installing SAP 7.30 in another mac which had the old Java before the update on April 16th and SAP works without any issues. I have spent more than an hour trying to see if there is a way to revert back to how my Mac was before the update but there is no proper way to uninstall or rollback to how it was before update was installed as I did not have Timemachine activated.

I am at a loss now and not sure how to deal with this, I have pasted the error screenshot below and would be grateful if someone could tell me how to fix this issue now. I've tried entering the SAP connection details saving it in a file and going to SAP Preferences and pointing it to the file under Logon configuration and that also did not work.

I sincerely will appreciate anyone who could help me with this. I did try searching if there were any other posts related to this before creating a new one and apologize if this is a duplicate on this issue.

Connection failed

Error: partner '124.124.51.113:3299' not reached

Thu May 16 22:42:06 2013

Release 720

Component NI (network interface), version 40

rc = -10, module nibuf.cpp, line 4658

Detail NiBufIConnect: connection pending after 10000ms

System Call connect

Error No 36

'Operation now in progress'

Technical Details

java.lang.Exception: Error: partner '124.124.51.113:3299' not reached

Thu May 16 22:42:06 2013

Release 720

Component NI (network interface), version 40

rc = -10, module nibuf.cpp, line 4658

Detail NiBufIConnect: connection pending after 10000ms

System Call connect

Error No 36

'Operation now in progress'

at: com.sap.platin.r3.protocol.ni.GuiNiNetConnection.processOpenRequest(GuiNiNetConnection.java:328)

at: com.sap.platin.r3.protocol.ni.GuiNiNetConnection.handleOpenRequest(GuiNiNetConnection.java:157)

at: com.sap.platin.base.connection.GuiConnection.processCreateReply(GuiConnection.java:523)

at: com.sap.platin.base.connection.GuiConnection.handleCreateReply(GuiConnection.java:496)

at: com.sap.platin.r3.protocol.ni.GuiNiNetConnection.handleCreateRequest(GuiNiNetConnection.java:147)

at: com.sap.platin.base.connection.GuiConnection.open(GuiConnection.java:320)

at: com.sap.platin.base.application.GuiApplication.createConnection(GuiApplication.java:984)

at: com.sap.platin.base.logon.GuiLogon.doConnect(GuiLogon.java:407)

at: com.sap.platin.base.logon.GuiLogon$Handler.mouseClicked(GuiLogon.java:2685)

at: java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseClicked(AWTEventMulticaster.java:253)

at: java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseClicked(AWTEventMulticaster.java:252)

at: java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6385)

at: javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3275)

at: java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:6147)

at: java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2083)

at: java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4744)

at: java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2141)

at: java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4572)

at: java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4619)

at: java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:4289)

at: java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:4210)

at: java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2127)

at: java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2489)

at: java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:710)

at: java.awt.EventQueue.access$400(EventQueue.java:82)

at: java.awt.EventQueue$2.run(EventQueue.java:669)

at: java.awt.EventQueue$2.run(EventQueue.java:667)

at: java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at: java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(AccessControlContext.java:87)

at: java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(AccessControlContext.java:98)

at: java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:683)

at: java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:681)

at: java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(AccessControlContext.java:87)

at: java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:680)

at: com.sap.platin.micro.event.GuiEventQueue.dispatchEvent(GuiEventQueue.java:79)

at: java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:296)

at: java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:211)

at: java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:201)

at: java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:196)

at: java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:188)

at: java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:122)

LINESEP caused by : java.io.IOExceptionLINESEPjava.io.IOException

at: com.sap.platin.r3.protocol.ni.JniAgComAdaptor.connect(JniAgComAdaptor.java:45)

at: com.sap.platin.r3.protocol.ni.GuiNiNetConnection.processOpenRequest(GuiNiNetConnection.java:287)

at: com.sap.platin.r3.protocol.ni.GuiNiNetConnection.handleOpenRequest(GuiNiNetConnection.java:157)

at: com.sap.platin.base.connection.GuiConnection.processCreateReply(GuiConnection.java:523)

at: com.sap.platin.base.connection.GuiConnection.handleCreateReply(GuiConnection.java:496)

at: com.sap.platin.r3.protocol.ni.GuiNiNetConnection.handleCreateRequest(GuiNiNetConnection.java:147)

at: com.sap.platin.base.connection.GuiConnection.open(GuiConnection.java:320)

at: com.sap.platin.base.application.GuiApplication.createConnection(GuiApplication.java:984)

at: com.sap.platin.base.logon.GuiLogon.doConnect(GuiLogon.java:407)

at: com.sap.platin.base.logon.GuiLogon$Handler.mouseClicked(GuiLogon.java:2685)

at: java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseClicked(AWTEventMulticaster.java:253)

at: java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseClicked(AWTEventMulticaster.java:252)

at: java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6385)

at: javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3275)

at: java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:6147)

at: java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2083)

at: java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4744)

at: java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2141)

at: java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4619)

at: java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:4289)

at: java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:4210)

at: java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2127)

at: java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2489)

at: java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:710)

at: java.awt.EventQueue.access$400(EventQueue.java:82)

at: java.awt.EventQueue$2.run(EventQueue.java:669)

at: java.awt.EventQueue$2.run(EventQueue.java:667)

at: java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(AccessControlContext.java:98)

at: java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:683)

at: java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:681)

at: java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:680)

at: com.sap.platin.micro.event.GuiEventQueue.dispatchEvent(GuiEventQueue.java:79)

at: java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:296)

at: java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:211)

at: java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:201)

at: java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:196)

at: java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:188)

at: java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:122)

LINESEP

• SAP Managed Tags:
9 REPLIES 9

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Anantharamam,

The latest build of Java 7,is patch 21

Please test with this latest version and advise do you still have the issue.

Best Regards,

Jude

• SAP Managed Tags:

0 Kudos

Hello Jude,

Sorry for the late reply, I'm on vacation till June 2nd and checking emails just now. I am using Mac OS X 10.6.8 and there are no new updates available under the "Software updates" so the latest Java update by apple is already installed and I see that it is update 15. I believe the Java update 21 you are referring to might be for some other OS.

I checked once again now and confirmed that there are no new Java updates.

Thanks for your response.

• SAP Managed Tags:

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

for supported OS X versions with SAP GU for Java 7.30, please refer to Note 1758540 - SAP GUI for Java: Requirements for Release 7.30.

SAP GUI for Java 7.20 is no longer supported.

Oracle does not support Java 7 on OS X 10.6, therefore Java 6 update 15 is the latest one. Latter however is not qualified to run SAP GUI for Java 7.30.

Best regards

Rolf-Martin

• SAP Managed Tags:

0 Kudos

Hello Rolf,

Sorry for the late response, I just came back from vacation today. I was using SAP 7.20 on OS X 10.6 without any issues until the Java update 15 so I am positive that SAP 7.20 works on OS X 10.6 as I used it for more than a year. As you have stated, I was unable to login after Apple automatically installed the Java update 15. So, I downloaded the Version 7.30 to see if that will resolve the problem but I am still unable figure out what I am supposed to do to get this working. Since there is no proper way to go back to the previous version of Java, I am stuck at this moment and Time Machine was off in my Mac due to which I am not able to restore to an earlier date before the update.

I do not have a marketplace login and could not view the thread "Note 1758540...".

Thanks for your feedback, I guess I most likely would have to go back to the previous version of Java by using one of the crude methods suggested by some users in other forums.

• SAP Managed Tags:

former_member201355
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Anantharamam,

Please look at this thread

http://scn.sap.com/thread/676101

Thanks

Thirumal

• SAP Managed Tags:

0 Kudos

Hello Thirumal,

I already looked into that thread before creating a new thread. That thread does not answer or provide a solution to the problem that I am facing.

• SAP Managed Tags:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Update:

I removed the Java update 15 by deleting the folders below and re-installed update 14 but still I am unable to connect and get the same error. I had SAP 7.30 installed and could not connect so I removed 7.30 and installed 7.20 as previously SAP 7.20 with JAVA update 14 was working fine but now even this does not work and I am confused what I can do now to get this to work.

- deleted folder \System\Library\Java\

- deleted folder \System\Library\Frameworks\JavaVM.Framework\

I also confirmed that this is definitely due to the Java update issue as there is another Mac which was never updated to 15 and in that system, I'm able to logon.

Any further help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks

• SAP Managed Tags:

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

the error message is likely not related to any Java version or update, but because the application server or saprouter is not responding on port 3299. (The IP address can be reached however, otherwise the error message would be different).

Please doulbe check the connect string you are using to connect to your WebAS.

In general it would be a good idea to upgrade your OS to OS 10.8, install Java 7 from Oracle and SAP GUI for Java 7.30. Your current configuration is not longer supported.

Best regards

Rolf-Martin

• SAP Managed Tags:

0 Kudos

Hello Rolf,

Thanks for your feedback. I will try updating and see if that helps but it might take a while before I do this. As you have stated, it may not be a JAVA issue but I am positive that I have been unable to connect only after the Java update as I have another system in which I am able to connect without any issues which was never updated to the latest Java 15. The string also cannot be wrong as I am using a text file which has the string and under SAP PREFERENCES / Configuration / Logon - I have mentioned where the configuration file is located from which it pulls all the connection strings. I am using the same file to connect in the other MAC system as well which confirms that this is not a connect string issue.

I am not able to connect to PS3 media server also after the Java update 15 due to which I was pretty sure that after the update something has gone haywire and I am not sure what it is.

Thanks

• SAP Managed Tags: