cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using availability planning in PI 7.31 single stack

0 Kudos

We are just starting to use availability planning, and I can't see how to plann outside of full hour increments.  If I want a sender communication channel to start looking for a file at 10:30 or 10:45, how do I do that?  From what I can see, my only option is to make the polling interval 86,400 seconds (one day) and start the channel at the desired time.  Can a PI guru tell me how to set up availability planning to make this happen?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Thank you all for your suggestions.  In PI 7.31, I am going into the Availability Planning tab under Configuration and Monitoring Home, then Communication CHannel Monitor.  When I try to select the time, it only gives a dropdown menu that is by hour, and it does not allow editing of the field, so I can only select a time that starts on the hour.  In PI 7.02, there was no issue with selecting any time that you wanted, and selecting a duration of any number of days, hours, minutes, or seconds.  It seems that some functionality has been removed, but I wanted to make sure.

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harold,

When I try to select the time, it only gives a drop-down menu that is by hour, and it does not allow editing of the field, so I can only select a time that starts on the hour.

the drop-down will shows 30 mins time difference not 1 hr.

you can select that, according to your requirement you can increase the poll interval timing if required.

Ex:

if your start date / time is 18/05/2013   08:00

end date / time is 18/05/2013    08:30

so 30 mins communication channel will be active. but you have to pick the file only one time. in that case you can increase the poll interval to 1800 sec.

so that your communication channel will poll one time in 30 mins, your file will get picked and after 30 mins it will be de-activated.

Hope it will helpful

Regards

Bhargava krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harold,

Sorry it's been more than a year.. but do you get the solution for this?

I'm facing the same issue with PI 7.31 single stack.

The time dropdown menu only by hour, and cannot be entered manually.

How to configure the channel to start at specific minute then?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Harold / Joeq,

Please look at this bolg written by me :

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-57493

You can edit the availibilty using the approach i mentioned in the blog.

and further do not use the dropdown to select the timing , directly click on the box and edit.It will allow.

Hope this helps!!!

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Thank you for your response!

Tried you trick, but my problem still the same, I cannot edit the time field.

It's only allowed to choose from the drowdown list. Either for edit or create new planning.

Looking at your screenshot, I desperately want to have that minute value... any other idea/trick?

Btw, what is your PI version, service pack and patch level?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Joeq ,

My PI version is 7.3.1 SP 08 and in my version it allows to edit the time.

Thanks

Guarav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guarav,

Thank you for your information.

After searching on support page, found below two notes.

Hope it helps...

1795743 - Issues with start and end date/time for channel schedules

1881789 - How to change an existing saved Availability Time Plan

Thanks.

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harold,

1 Navigate to Runtime Workbench -->Component Monitoring -->Component Adapter Engine --> Communication Channel Monitoring

2. At the top right of Communication Channel Monitoring, click on the link for Availability Time Planning. 

You can Create Change, Delete or Copy an ATP setting. The drop down list for Availability Time has One-Time, Daily Weekly and Monthly.

3. Give appropriate description and select Active option without which Channel scheduling will not start. You can specify the exact time at which channel should turn to start position. Specify the exact time and then specify the duration for which the channel should be in start position (in hours, minutes, seconds, days).

4. Navigate to Administration Tab of communication channel, automatic start and stop timings of the channel will be displayed.

refer  below links

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2007/05/04/control-communication-channels-ex...

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3252932

Pranil1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Harold,

Please check the below blog. Both Polling and ATP options are explained.

PollingVsATP

Regards,

Pranil.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos