cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferred to FI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a issue wherein the settlement Status in PR05 should not change once it is in " Transferred to FI" .

EX: Normal TA claims of Employee is done in PR05, the employee raises his Expense report in ESS and after aprroval the Travel adminstrator  checks in PR05 and dose the generall Posting process, once the Posting is done for the specific Trip number the settlement status changes in " Transferred to FI", till here everything is fine but the problem comes when we run a third party report.

At times the Company books tickets for employees depending on grade from a Third Party vendor, company recieves the bill say after one month for example airfare 10,000, now this 10,000 should be seen in PR05 only for display purpose and need not be posted

PROCESS

Travel admin does posting for Trip Number 1 on 01/05/2013 and the Settlement staus is " Transferred to FI" and later the amount is paid from Finance

Now the HR Admin recieves the bills from third party on 10/05/2013 and he runs a report to update the same in PR05, now once he runs the report the expense type and amount can be seen in PR05 ,but by doing so it is changing the Trip settlemnt status " To be settled".

Is there any where i can stop the the status changing to " TO BE SETLLED" after the report is run, in sense i want the status to remain as " Transferred to fi"

In the above screen shot,the trip was already posted and the status was " TARNSFERRED TO FI" , but  later third party report was run ( we can see expense type 0008) the status changed to " TO BE SETTLED"

Please let me know the solution.

Thanks & Regards

Charan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Charan,

Since the posting is already done, SAP will not post the same amount again. When posting is done, SAP creates another version of trip.

Now for your issue since the trip is getting updated after posting, the status will change to "To be settled" for sure in standard.

If you want to do some status check then Development needs to be done to change the status.

Risk wise as i said the system will only post delta posting and not full amount again. In your case if you only add line for reporting purpose then development needs to be done for changing the status so that it does not get posted.

Let me know if any doubts

Thanks

Alok

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Charan,

I Agree with Alok on the functional behaviour of the system. What I don't understand is, why do you want to change this behaviour at all:

1. You have some expense sheet that is settled

2. You transfer it to FI

3. You manipulate the same trip again for some receipts which ultimately alters the total settlement of the trip.

4. --> thus of course the trip has to be settled again (with a new header-version the system automatically creates as Alok already said correctly) and ALSO be transfered for the delta to FI.

If you think it has to be otherwise, then I don't understand your business process. I mean, if you don't settle and transfer it again, then all you did was 'capture' the receipt afterwise for documentation purposes, but the employee will never receive any money for it... can you elaborate on that?

Cheers, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alok & Lukas,

Thanks for your time.and suggestions

The report which is run hits two places

1) PR05 ( the amount which comes after the report is run is displayed here  and it is only to ascertain the total costs for that specific trip for the employee,if if i try post this amount it will say no postable amounts),having said that this amount is to be paid only to the Travel vendor so the amount which hits PR05 is only reporting purpose

2) second place is in Expenses in Finance, can be checked in FBL1N against the vendor account,here the Finance settles and pays the amount to the Vendor

So it wont effect Employees TA claims, so the only purpose is to capture the amount in PR05

As i said earlier the status is changing and it is effecting the Travel Admin who does the posting as he is confused whether the trip is posted or not and at the same time it is also changing the status in individual employee ESS records

Thanks & Regards

Charan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Those company paid items, if they need to be included in the expense report they also need to be posted from the expense report. It does not matter whether they are reimbursed to employees or not.

Those individual posting of company paid expenses are then posted on employee vendors and cleared with the 3rd party invoice posting.

I hope I have not misunderstood anything.

Cheers,

Anna

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi charan,

How about this approach:

It is possible to manipulate the data passed to the posting run with means of BADI TRIP_POST_FI. AS in:

- you create another version of the trip because you add receipt data

- you approve the trip, you settle the trip

- In BADI TRIP_POST_FI you somehow identify the recordsets that are not supposed to be posted and delete them (there are methods in the respective interface of the BADI for it)

- the trip is posted without the added receipt data

Would this work out for you? I, for example, use this approach to get rid of paid expenses which also are only documentary for us and are not to be handled in FI again.

I think this solves your problem in terms of ultimately issuing the correct payment, but the process itself will stay the same and I reccomend not trying to 'break out' of it 😕

Cheers, Lukas