cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot log in to SAPgui 7.20 on Mac 10.6.8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I'm having a hard time configuring SAPgui connection on my Mac.

Description: Company

SID:cr7.

Application Server:122.175.34.175.

Instance number :21

I used conn=/H/122.175.34.175/S/3200 in expert mode and it connects, but then I cannot login to the system,

while it logins perfectly on Windows.

I tried as explained here http://scn.sap.com/thread/3236853,

1. I created a separate text file with "Company : conn=/H/122.175.34.175/S/3200" line in there

2. I made a full path reference to this file in SAP Preferences Configuration file.

But I'm not sure what I have to type in expert mode then? I type "conn=/H/122.175.34.175/S/3200" and it connects, but login still fails((...

Could you, please, help me?

Sincerely,

Simon Storozhenko

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The way you are constructing the connection string in expert mode looks correct to me. That's certainly how I do it. And if you are getting as far as the login screen from the system then that suggests to me the connection string is correct.

The only things I can think of that would prevent a login from working successfully are simple things like:

• you've got CAPSLOCK on
  • you're connecting to the wrong system (check the IP address, or the SID in the title of the SAPgui window)

There's nothing in JavaGUI/MacOS that I've come across that would make a login fail when it works OK in a Windows system. When you login from Windows, is that from the native Windows GUI or form the Windows JavaGUI?

Sorry, that's not very helpful, is it? At least you know you are constructing the connection string correctly.

Steve.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I finally found the reason!! The problem was in the instance number!

My GUI on Windows was configured by my employer, where he used different instance number: 38 instead of 21. And I wasn't aware of that. He provided me with the wrong number((

So, all that time I was able to connect, but the connection was to the different client - 001, while all my coworkers use client 800. That's why I couldn't login - it's was a different client.

Wow, instance number matters!))

It took me two month of struggle and 120 Gb space for Windows Partition))

Now my string looks like this "conn=/H/122.175.34.175/S/3238" and I'm able to login!

Thank you everybody for your help!

Sincerely,

Simon Storozhenko

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Simon,

7.20 is no longer supported.

Can you please test with 7.30 rev2 and Java runtime 7.patch 21.

Regards,

Jude

former_member201355
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Simon,

Please take a look at this thread and check if it works for you.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/676101

Thanks

Thirumal